• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4T-E v.s. P4T533-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

visionguru

Registered
Now I just received my P4T533-C. I thought someone might be interested in the differences between them in terms of OC.
Here is what I found:

(1)Voltage:
P4T-E Vcore normally lower than BIOS setting for about 0.05v.
P4T533-C Vcore is a little bit higher than BIOS setting. for about 0.02v.

(2)DDRG chips:
My P4T-E has the SAME DDRG chips as P4T533-C, which is ICS xxx-13.

(3) BIOS FSB settings:

P4T-E has max 133MHz FSB in BIOS, while P4T533-C max 150Mhz.

(4) on board audio:

P4T-E onboard audio will not work if overclokc to 133FSB in BIOS.
Audio will work in Jumper mode. P4T533C does not have this problem.

(5) MoBo temperature:
P4T533-C seems running a little hotter than P4T-E.

(6) RDRAM default:

P4T-E default for PC800 is 4x. P4T533C is 3x. So, you have to choose 4X if you want to run PC1066 out of PC800.

So far P4T533-C is fairly stable. But I am really NOT impressed. Because the difference from P4T-E is just minimal. There is no performance gain. Even the board looks almost the same. somehow, P4T-E is better....

If you have a P4T-E like mine (with ICSxxx-13 chip), NO NEED to buy a P4T533-C like me :(

"P4T-E onboard audio will not work if overclokc to 133FSB in BIOS.
Audio will work in Jumper mode. P4T533C does not have this problem."

That is because at 133FSB the BIOS still keeps the PCI divider at 1/3 rather than switching to 1/4. Whereas P4T533 let's you choose b/w 1/3, 1/4, and 1/5 dividers.

@133 FSB P4T-E DOES use 1/4 devider. Somehow the audio does not work. Looks like a bug. If want audio, have to use jumper mode. You can check your board to see that.

I'm still very undecided between the P4T533-C and the TH7II. My P4T-E finally took a **** on me.:mad: My kids are computerless for a couple of weeks. I'm leaning towards the P4T533 for the digital sound and onboard lan. What kind of voltage drop are you getting under full load with the Asus?

@bm1:
Most people use AGP card. AGP pro card are rare and are mostly find in highend workstations.

@Big Nuttz:
After playing with P4T533-C a little more, I found that the DEFAULT core voltage is actually 1.65, and no matter what I do, it cannot be adjusted lower than that. P4T533-C seems to have a larger voltage variance between idle and full load.

Idle: 1.71v, full load 1.65v. that's 0.06v drop!

This is the same powersupply (Enermax 350W). P4T-E only shows about 0.02v variance.

TH7ii is not a good choice, considering the DDRG chip is only rated PC800. I'd either find a good P4T-E board with IGS-xx-13 or go for P4T533-C.

MospeadasDark said:
Whereas P4T533 let's you choose b/w 1/3, 1/4, and 1/5 dividers.

The P4T533 has a 1/5 divider! I just bought a P4T533-C; it should be here on Thursday...if I run my motherboard at 150FSB (that's its max), then I can set the divider to 1/5, and the PCI will run at 30MHz and the AGP at 60MHz, right? Is there any problem to running the PCI bus below spec? (Will it be slower?)

Yes that's right. Running your PCI at a slightly lower speed won't affect much. It's like running your FSB at 105FSB instead of 100. Not much difference.

1/5 devider is not that new.

P4T-E HAS 1/5 devider!!!!!!

use jumper mood, with freq. switches all off. You got
150FSB 30PCI 60AGP.

That's not a new feature of P4T533-C.

I was really disapointed with the P4TE was concidering the P4T533-C but also thinking about the Iwill IWILL P4R533-N. Any suggestions?

Don't know about you. I always buy name brand motherboards, not because of features or performance, only because I can always find someone to ask questions, find new bios and documents online. In this aspect, ASUS might be better than IWill.

Don't know about you. I always buy name brand motherboards, not because of features or performance, only because I can always find someone to ask questions, find new bios and documents online. In this aspect, ASUS might be better than IWill.

Iwill is a quality manufacturer. I have read and heard many good things about thier products. This board looks quality and the reviews I have read stat the same.

Back