• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5E (with rampage formula bios) WOL problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Salmon91

Hello,

I have a P5E motherboard in my HTPC and I'm having problems getting wake on lan to work. WOL works just fine from sleep, but when I shut down the computer, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've enabled both:
-Power On By PCIe Device
-Power On By PCI Device

Is there something I've missed?

Or could the problem be because of the rampage formula bios? All suggestions are welcome! thanks!

Perhaps I have this messed up in my head... but powering OFF the computer is not a sleep state, its OFF, so WOL would not work. It has to be in a sleep state.

That said, I am not sure how that works, but that is how I understood it.

Well I have WOL enabled on another ASUS motherboard, I think its a P5N32-E, and it works just fine, even if it's powered OFF.

In Device Manager, and depending on the OS--> Network adapter properties--> Advanced tab, do you have Shutdown Wake Up enabled and Wake Up Capabilities set to Magic Packet? And under the Power Management tab, make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" / "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" is checked.

In Device Manager, and depending on the OS--> Network adapter properties--> Advanced tab, do you have Shutdown Wake Up enabled and Wake Up Capabilities set to Magic Packet? And under the Power Management tab, make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" / "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" is checked.

Shutdown Wake Up enabled, for some reason I hadn't enabled that :S

Now it works as it should, thanks a lot!

Back