• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus p5n-d, changed ram speed now pc wont start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhaseCoder

I have the above board ASUS p5n-d been a brilliant board powered with a Q6600 at 3.4ghz steady.
But I did something stupid. Went into the BIOS and ram speed was at 800 and I changed it to 1000.

pressed F10 saved exited, pc beeped and powered down, I then tried starting up again board starts, fans start everything seems normal.

Just there is no post beep, and no display to monitor.

Ok no problem right? unplug everything, take out the BIOS battery, and move the jumper yea?

Well I did that and nothing changed, so I unpluged the battery and left it all night came down this morning, still in the above state??

Is there anything else I can do? I know the board is like 11 years old but its neer let me down for the stuff I do with it.

Thanks in advance

I have the above board ASUS p5n-d been a brilliant board powered with a Q6600 at 3.4ghz steady.
But I did something stupid. Went into the BIOS and ram speed was at 800 and I changed it to 1000.

pressed F10 saved exited, pc beeped and powered down, I then tried starting up again board starts, fans start everything seems normal.

Just there is no post beep, and no display to monitor.

Ok no problem right? unplug everything, take out the BIOS battery, and move the jumper yea?

Well I did that and nothing changed, so I unpluged the battery and left it all night came down this morning, still in the above state??

Is there anything else I can do? I know the board is like 11 years old but its neer let me down for the stuff I do with it.

Thanks in advance

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe to trigger the failsafe mode you hold insert while the pc is attempting to boot?

But there is still a jumper , the caps on the MB "could" have saved the info .
Take the battery out and use the jumper .
Take out all sticks of ram except one and try again .

But there is still a jumper , the caps on the MB "could" have saved the info .
Take the battery out and use the jumper .
Take out all sticks of ram except one and try again .

Sorry maybe I never said properly.

I have moved jumper from 1 and put it on 2-3
witht he battery out.

Also there is no beeps anymore even with the ram out

Amazing to have the 10 year old board OC'd and still going(albeit, not including the present problem).

My Asus P5N-D died and went to RMA land about 9 years ago.

Does anything happen ? Fans spin ? light turn on the board

Yea all starts as normal, fans spin, cpu fan spins, just no post beep and no connection to monitor, everything starts as if normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing to have the 10 year old board OC'd and still going(albeit, not including the present problem).

My Asus P5N-D died and went to RMA land about 9 years ago.

Has never let me down until i foolishly changed the ram speed from 800 :(

Unplug and re plug in all Power plugs to MB and GFX card .
Do you have another GFx card your could try ?

Any thing is possible . But i doubt it .
a Capacitor could have popped
some dirt and grime built up could have shorted something .

Did you try each stick of ram ?

Do you have a second psu you could test ?

Take the battery out clear cmos leave it without the battery over night ?

Running out of suggestions to try

Looks like I am going have to retire the trusty board to the motherboard heaven
Thge trusty 11 year old board has served me very very well many man hours together :(

Back