• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8Z77-M + i7 3770K ... CPU Ratio option disappeared from BIOS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spedo_76

Registered
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all!

I've a problem with my new PC. I have an Asus P8Z77-M and an i7 3770K (3.5GHZ) CPU, when I buy it under the bios, in the AI Tweaker section I was able to set the "Core ratio limit" per core (just like in this picture). After a reset of the cmos with the jumper on the board those options disappeared... does someone have an Idea?

Thanks!!!

The CPU Ratio option is located on the AI Tweaker--> CPU Power Management screen, and the Core Ratio Limit option only appears when Turbo Ratio is set to [By Per Core (Cannot Adjust in OS)].

The CPU Ratio option is located on the AI Tweaker--> CPU Power Management screen, and the Core Ratio Limit option only appears when Turbo Ratio is set to [By Per Core (Cannot Adjust in OS)].

Hi and thanks for your reply.

About your answer, please check this picture:
attachment.php

I do not have anymore the "X-Core Ratio Limit" options... even if I change the "AI Overclock tuner"... and also the "Turbo ratio" option is not visible.

Before the dipswitch cmos reset I had in the BIOS the same options present in the picture.

There is a way to make them re-appear?

Thanks for your help!

Under CPU Power Management, try disabling Turbo Mode (EIST needs to be enabled).

Hi and thanks.

If with "eist" you mean enhaced inter speedstep technology it is already enabled and turbo mode is disabled but nothing. On the user manual of the board is written that "the configuration options for this section -it is speaking about the ai tweaker section- vary depending on the cpu and dimm model installed on the motherboard".

What is happening it seems like the mb detects a non unlocked cpu just like the regular i7 3770 and not an i7 3770k.

Already cleared the rtc memory again, pulled out the battery for hours... But nothing...

Hi and thanks.

If with "eist" you mean enhaced inter speedstep technology it is already enabled and turbo mode is disabled but nothing. On the user manual of the board is written that "the configuration options for this section -it is speaking about the ai tweaker section- vary depending on the cpu and dimm model installed on the motherboard".

Try disabling EIST, pretty sure this will allow you to change the CPU ratio. If you are overclocking, its generally accepted disabling EIST yields maximum results. See, with EIST enabled, the cpu ratio is variable based on CPU usage and therefore cannot be set "statically" in the BIOS.

Try disabling EIST, pretty sure this will allow you to change the CPU ratio. If you are overclocking, its generally accepted disabling EIST yields maximum results. See, with EIST enabled, the cpu ratio is variable based on CPU usage and therefore cannot be set "statically" in the BIOS.

Hello,

already tried, no change in the AI Tweaker section.

Searching around I found a post in another forum telling that the motherboard can have a bug in detecting the CPU (it detects that it is a locked cpu).

It can be? Does someone have some more information about?

Thanks!

Hello,

already tried, no change in the AI Tweaker section.

Searching around I found a post in another forum telling that the motherboard can have a bug in detecting the CPU (it detects that it is a locked cpu).

It can be? Does someone have some more information about?

Thanks!

Did you try resetting bios defaults? Not using CMOS jumper.
Also did you try setting turbo ratio to manual and then selecting ratio synchronizing control to Enabled? (page 52-53)
Next thing might be a re-flash of the BIOS.

Did you try resetting bios defaults? Not using CMOS jumper.
Also did you try setting turbo ratio to manual and then selecting ratio synchronizing control to Enabled? (page 52-53)
Next thing might be a re-flash of the BIOS.

Hi,

already tried the restore of defaults, no results.

I do not have the turbo ratio option in the AI Tweaker menu. It has disapeared after jumper reset.

I will try the reflash of the bios tonight.

Thanks.

Any luck yet with the reflash?

Hi, no way to bring orignal options back even if down grade of the bios. Last chance: I bring back the board to the seller asking for support. He already ordered another mb... what a failure!!!

Thanks anyway for the support to everyone.

If you look under the advanced menu and then go to cpu management there is another place for cpu ratio and turbo setting. I believe if it is set manually in that menu then you will lose the ability to change it in the ai tweaker menu. Not really sure the difference in setting one over the other but just ran into that issue myself. My ratio keeps resetting to 45 in windows even though bios holds it at 47.

If you look under the advanced menu and then go to cpu management there is another place for cpu ratio and turbo setting. I believe if it is set manually in that menu then you will lose the ability to change it in the ai tweaker menu. Not really sure the difference in setting one over the other but just ran into that issue myself. My ratio keeps resetting to 45 in windows even though bios holds it at 47.

Hello,

no way to pull the ratio in this option screen up to 35.

Thanks for your reply

Hello and thanks to everyone!

The final solution is to change the board. Even the guys at the shop where not able to fix it up.

Asus tech support was horrible: after a week after ask for help they answered telling me to test the board with another CPU...

Thanks to everyone!

Back