• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Does not boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrT2k6

Hi chaps (and chapettes, best not be sexist!)

Got a new build as follows:

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Intel i-7 -3770K
8gb corsair 1600mhz RAM
750gb hybrid SSD/HDD (cant remember make & can't see it atm)
ASUS HD7770 2gb DDR5 graphics card
880W non-modular PSU

When plugged in there are lights on the motherboard and on the GPU.

On very first boot up i was using a 500w psu (as you are all probably slapping ur faces in disbelief I will state that this is my first build so trial and error lol). The bios screen showed and i was able to get excited for about 5 seconds till power dropped.

Changed to the 880w psu as advised by someone but now all that happens is there are lights on the mboard and graphics card .... press power and all fans (cpu, gpu etc) spin and lights flicker and then nothing ...... HELP!!!!!

A quality 500W PSU is PLENTY... 880W is overkill....

Have you reset the CMOS? Made sure things are tightened down? Built outside the case just to make sure it wasnt a grounding issue? What have you tried?

gone for bigger for future planning ... tried unplugging, replugging in and out of case, with and without ram and graphics. ensured all cables r in firm ... not sure how to reset CMOS.

Back