• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage III Extreme - a Closer Look

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
21x multi? So you're at 4.851Ghz? :attn:

the crazy thing is no matter what I do above 231 it will not even post
obviously I'm terribly satisfied with it, but you can always try/want to go higher

it's a great board...I've seen a lot of people happy with it, and I've seem some disappointed. isn't the PC industry always like that though?

"Bootsy" posted 240 bclk over at the XS "R3E" thread and "Splave" got 249/250 bclk but they both seem to have revision 2.xx? motherboards. One of the pictures you posted shows your board as Rev. 1.04G.

Edit: "Billy-The-Kid" and "boostedevo"(Ross) also both show revision 2.xx in their posted CPUZ "motherboard tab" screen shots.

Last edited:
"Bootsy" posted 240 bclk over at the XS "R3E" thread and "Splave" got 249/250 bclk but they both seem to have revision 2.xx? motherboards. One of the pictures you posted shows your board as Rev. 1.04G.

Edit: "Billy-The-Kid" and "boostedevo"(Ross) also both show revision 2.xx in their posted CPUZ "motherboard tab" screen shots.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check my revision number as soon as i get my board on the 28th... *shakes fist at Provantage*

I have rev 2.04 I think. Will check again tonight and see how high I can go when i get WC set up and installed.

My question is will a koolance cpu-360 block flush up with the processor with all those capacitors right next to the socket?? If anyone has attempted this let me know how it works out!

From the first pic you posted with the huge cooler I can see that you blocked the first slot on the memory with the cooler. If the memory is placed as you have it shown then would it not then downgrade it from DDR3 to DDR2? You have it in slot 2, 3, and 5 from what I can see. You would really want 1, 3, 5 or 2, 4, 6 (mfgr usually suggests memory in slot 1 but I have not tested these things). I only note that the memory placement might defeat your purchase of DDR3.

I don't question your testing results but do you have a screenshot of CPU-z showing the memory QPI and the memory speed with the north bridge frequency - you should also then see if its DDR2 or DDR3. Maybe if you move the memory so it's all in the same colored slots would it then be DDR3?

Just curious.

I used to have a Rampage II Extreme and I know that things are tighter on the III. For some reason everything is just crushed up around the CPU giving no room.

You testing and results look impressive!
Geat work!

Last edited:
Back