• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage V 3.0 USB Ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nycatt

Registered
If I try to reboot with anything plugged into any of the 3.0 usb ports it won't go passed the "starting windows" logo. But it I plug something in while I'm in windows it works fine.

Any suggestions?

I think Mice and Keyboard should be installed in the USB 2.0 Ports that are just next to the combo PS/2 port. Put your mouse and keyboard in those ports, and then put a USB thumb drive in one of the USB 3.0 ports and see if it boots ok then. Also, all of the USB 3.0 ports at the back of the board are controlled by the ASMedia controller. Did you load the proper ASMedia drivers for them?

ok....The one USB 2.0 Port in the back say Keybot and the other says ROG Connect. The problem was that I'm using a Logitech G19 keyboard and only the usb was plugged in and not the AC adapter. I plugged in the thumb drive into the 3.0 ports rebooted and it worked fine. And yes all drivers are installed. Thanks for the help.

If you use the Keybot feature or the ROG connect feature, then yes you'll need to use those USB 2.0 ports. I doubt you're using either of those features, so keep your mouse and keyboard in the USB 2.0 ports and everything should work fine for you.

Try latest BIOS , there was 0802 version released in last days. All is working fine on my board.

Back