• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rampage V extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sumguy

Registered
I am trying to upgrade my memory from 16gb to 32GB i bought Corsair Vengence 4x8 sticks Pc3200. Well when i set the memory to be anything above 2600Mhz in the bios I get a 6F code thrown.. I cant seem to figure it out. I did a google search didnt come up with much

thanks in advance,

With that much RAM at higher speeds you may need to bump up the voltage a little to the Integrated Memory Controller.

Be sure that you are using correct slots. Be sure there is no dust in slots that were unused for longer and as trents suggested, check higher memory controller voltage, SA or/and IO.

Last edited:
I am trying to upgrade my memory from 16gb to 32GB i bought Corsair Vengence 4x8 sticks Pc3200. Well when i set the memory to be anything above 2600Mhz in the bios I get a 6F code thrown.. I cant seem to figure it out. I did a google search didnt come up with much

thanks in advance,

Can you give more info on your Memory as the Corsair Vengeance Line runs from the Samsung B & E Die to Micron ???
Which CPU are you using ???
I have the same MB with a I7-5960x CPU.

Back