• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus ROG CrosshairVI BIOS Update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

FYI :)
Asus has released new BIOS for the NEW ZEN+ CPUs :)

CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 3008
Update to AGESA 1071 for new upcoming processors.

Not sure when we will be able to purchase them or if they are a worthy upgrade.

FYI :)
Asus has released new BIOS for the NEW ZEN+ CPUs :)

CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 3008
Update to AGESA 1071 for new upcoming processors.

Not sure when we will be able to purchase them or if they are a worthy upgrade.

In the CHVI thread at OCN there's been highly mixed reactions over BIOS 3008 not that it's bad but system reading being a bit whacky, fans etc..
I haven't tried it personally just tried 1701 and it seems solid

Has there been any mobos released that will let you turn off cores???
I know that you can turn off SMT with the ASUS board. That still leaves me OCing 8 cores. I get to go from 4.65 to 4.75...WOW :(
I need to be able to MAX a 2 core setup for SuperPI. Ryzen Master will let me disable the cores but I'm maxed @ 1.55v on OCing.

Pretty sure it's in the advanced section under CPU but it's been a while. IIRC you have choices as to how to disable the cores across the two CCX

Pretty sure it's in the advanced section under CPU but it's been a while. IIRC you have choices as to how to disable the cores across the two CCX

I found it :) After playing with it, I borked the board :(
I had just changed the CPU to 2 cores (2+0) multi to 48 (up from 46) and rebooted. I boot into windows 7 without any problems, this just might work. I ran CPU-Z to see how it looked, I'm running 2 cores\2 threads :) Then I look at my speed :(
It says that I'm running 556.00MHz with a mutli of 5.5 and a BCLK of 101.6 :bang head
No matter what I do for the next 6 hours changes the final result in windows :(
I corrupt my current windows install and another that I made trying to make the board work... I reset everything to auto and the board works correctly. Then you go and change just one thing and it's back to 5xx in windows. The board boots @ 4.4-4.8 but only runs @ 5xx in windows :screwy:
I think I need to flash\reflash my BIOS again. Does that sound like it might work????

Thank You For Your Time In Reading And Replying :thup:

Did you clear the CMOS but yes a bios flash might do the trick

Going to switch the rest of my discussions to the AMD CPU forum.

Back