• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus sabertooth x99 3004 bios and up do not work properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contrabandit

Ok guys, quick run down.

I recently re installed windows, after going to the asus website for drivers I noticed that I was several bios updates behind.
No big deal, however i found out that bios 3505 is a huge performance gain for memory bandwidth, naturally I install the latest bios 3701, boot into windows, restart and enter all my overclocked setting for 4ghz, save and reboot.
Get to the windows splash screen and after 4 seconds BSOD.
OK so now I try every bios from newest to oldest and find out that 2101 is the last bios that works as designed.
after much investigation I find out that on the bios 3004 and above, changing the cpu multiplier to anything other than AUTO causes the BSOD on windows boot.

I have contacted ASUS support and after numerous emails that included pictures and screen shots of my problem I am getting nowhere on a fix.

So my question is, has any one seen this before and know of a fix?
the only thing i really noticed is that 3004 adds support for i7 X-Series processors, also the bios file size is much bigger on this update and after.

please, any help would be appreciated!

my specs are

I7 5820K \ Corsair H100i v2
Asus Saberthooth x99
16GB Corsair Vengance 2666mhz
Zotac GTX980 amp edition
2x samsung 850 Evo SSD
1x Intel 530 series SSD
1x 1TB seagate 2.25"
Seasonic SS-1250XM PSU

can you use the 3701 version with stock settings? if so you may just need to go through the oc portion of your bios and make sure its not changing your cpu/mem voltage. other than that i cant think of anything that may help.

Yes i can do stock all day, the only function that seems to cause the crash is the cpu multiplier being changed from auto, any other bios setting is unaffected.
I cant even under clock the cpu to a stock speed or lower that way, like say 33 or 28 ect.

Well I can go back to one of the 2xxx and below bios but apparently the memory bandwith improvements on the new bios is just to good to ignore. I'm really stumped about this, it just doesn't make any sense and asus support, might as well not even mention them...

So I played around with the settings some more an it turns out that the actual setting that is causing all of my problems is "sync all cores"
When you change AI overclocking Tuner to manual it automatically sets cores to sync all, something I did not notice at first.
I have no idea what the problem is between cpu/bios and the OS but it for some reason throws a BSOD with that setting.

171002111025.jpg

20171115_154811.jpg

So once again, if any one has any ideas I would appreciate it!
If i could get all cores to sync on this bios that would be awesome

Back