• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth z77 won't post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaaa1976

Registered
Hallo..im bought from ebay faulty mobo and trying to find what is problem with motherboard.
Cpu is brand new i5 3570K.
The board powered up for half a second and then powered down, repeating the cycle every 5 seconds
The case fans do not spin up. The red CPU led light up during the half second until the baord shuts down.

So far i've tried:
-flashed latest bios ..didnt help.
-Resetting CMOS.
-Every single memory slot with both sticks,
-vhen Im press MemOk nothing happens.
-power supply is working because it stays on when I try it with a old MB.
-memory work ok..Im try on asus maximus v motherboard

Anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

Did you check for Bent Pins in the CPU socket, it could be the other person damaged something on putting this together!!

Check for bent pins as AJ said, and also double check your install into your case. You may be shorting on something. Could always pull the mono put and try running it on a cardboard box just to make sure.

Did you check for Bent Pins in the CPU socket, it could be the other person damaged something on putting this together!!

Hi..YES ..Im check for bent pins with magniffier..all pins is good ..
Its nice looking motherboard ..withour visible damage.

Also cpu is working on my another asus formula v motherboard

Check for bent pins as AJ said, and also double check your install into your case. You may be shorting on something. Could always pull the mono put and try running it on a cardboard box just to make sure.

I have motherboard on table..not inside case..
Im also check another psu ..and still same.
memory stick is working on my asus maximus formula v ..so they should be good.

here Im bought motherboard..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151162936770?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:
Also what kind of Ram are you using and is it fully seated?? Sabertooths are fussy about which Ram you use and can cause boot up problems. For answers just Google about Ram problems etc.
AJ.

Also what kind of Ram are you using and is it fully seated?? Sabertooths are fussy about which Ram you use and can cause boot up problems. For answers just Google about Ram problems etc.
AJ.

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit

The most Ram mentioned was Corsair 1600, but you would need to check this out on the Sabertooth Owners Web Site!!

If you checked everything on another motherboard and it all worked, it sure seems as if the Sabertooth is faulty. Can it be returned?

If you checked everything on another motherboard and it all worked, it sure seems as if the Sabertooth is faulty. Can it be returned?

Im buy faulty..so just want repair..if will be possible
I want try flash bios with universal programmer..if somebody have bios file for bios chip sabertoothZ77 ?

Im buy faulty..so just want repair..if will be possible
Oh ok sorry my confusion. Well you can buy a BIOS chip on Ebay. Also you said there isn't any visible damage to the motherboard. Look really close at all the capacitors, do you see any bulging? You can also look on both sides of the motherboard for scratches maybe a trace was cut by being scratched. A last resort may be baking it in the oven, but I wouldn't do that just yet.

He purchased this Faulty Manny and now he is trying to hopefully get it working that's why we are looking into what it could be!! If he does manage it then a double thumbs up all around.

AJ.

He purchased this Faulty Manny and now he is trying to hopefully get it working that's why we are looking into what it could be!! If he does manage it then a double thumbs up all around.

AJ.
Yeah thanks AJ I didn't realize it was purposely purchased damaged with intent to fix, may bad....I need more coffee! :)

Sorry but my old eye's can not see anything, so what is it your looking at??

I look on working motherboards sabertooth and they have missing this chip too...so this is not problem...

Oh ok sorry my confusion. Well you can buy a BIOS chip on Ebay. Also you said there isn't any visible damage to the motherboard. Look really close at all the capacitors, do you see any bulging? You can also look on both sides of the motherboard for scratches maybe a trace was cut by being scratched. A last resort may be baking it in the oven, but I wouldn't do that just yet.

I put this bios chip on formula mothetboard..and is working..(of couse Im first blank chip with programmer and flash formula bios)..so chip is good..just need to find bios file for bios chip.
Im check all capacitors and is not bulging..traces look also good..dont see trace cut....
if nothing help..I will put in oven..but which temperature and how long?

Back