• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Star Ice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah. Unfortunalty I live in yUK so I can't get the good stuff you can.

But it takes ages, it took me 3-4 weeks to get a processor over here before.
I don't like waiting for thing to come when they are taking ages, I die of antiipation.

Quattro said:
Okay then..
I think I'll get one. But I might get an Star Ice anyway just to play with it in a few months.

That looks like the Thermaltake to me. In which case the mounting scheme is very hard to deal with.

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/cl-p0024tower112/cl-p0024tower112.htm

And the thermaltake version, not being encrusted with gimpy plastic, allows the use of 92mm fans.

Similar performance can be had with the Coolermaster Hiper6, and it has better mounting and a higher quality level. It only takes 80mm fans, but performs very well with two quiet 80mm fans in push-pull. I've considered getting one, but...

All the testing I've seen indicates the XP-120 only needs about a 50cfm fan to outperform either the Thermaltake or the Coolermaster. An optimal (soldered fin) version that held 92mm fans with good mounting would be a strong contender, but as it is, the XP-120 stands above the crowd.

Back