• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus TUF X299 Mark 2 BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
attachment.php

I posted this screenshot earlier. Asus fixed issues with the BIOS updates, but my M2 RAID setup lost performance with the last two BIOS flashes I've done. I've been off doing other stuff, but was getting caught up on computer things, so I saw my X299 TUF Mark 2 had a couple updates. I flashed to the latest 1301 and glory be, I saw some impressive gains in drive performance. Not completely back to what I had, but enough to think they haven't forgot about me.

Here is the latest drive benchies I just ran minutes ago:

Samsung SM961 RAID 0 CrystalDiskMark after BIOS 1301.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what I got before the BIOS updates screwed up performance:

Samsung SM961 RAID 0 CrystalDiskMark 01.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear they fixed it. I don't have ASUS x299 anymore. Still playing with ASRock and I guess that soon will be more ASRock ;)

I have to check if there are the same issues with VROC on new microcodes. Last time I was testing it about 3 months ago and since then were 2 or 3 new releases. I will get something for review so it will be good time to check also VROC. So far it's probably the biggest disappointment on X299. Most users don't care so in general it's not a big issue.
Except VROC there is whole Optane technology... I simply can't make it run on 3 motherboards and couple of drives that I have. Both technologies advertised like something great but both can't even work on a typical setup and many users complain about it ( at least many of those who were counting on that while big part of them just dropped the topic and changed setup ). Not to mention that one of Optane drives just died after maybe 5-10 hours of work and I had to wait for a month for replacement.

Just that one Optane failure so far?

Think maybe I'll try upping the RAM and see if they fixed it yet. Seemed like everyone had trouble going over DDR4-4000 on previous BIOS versions.

This platform is not designed for so high memory frequency. It's not matter of BIOS. Even the best OC motherboards like APEX won't let you to set much higher memory clock what is sometimes weird considering how much more they cost.

Well, looks like you might be right. I still can't get DDR4-4200 stable. Looks like I'll stay with DDR4-4000 with timings of 16-16-16-36.

It's still great result. A lot of users are complaining they can't reach 4000. X299 motherboards have usually QVL lists above 3600 for KL-X processors in dual channel. Some boards were tested at 4266 but even when you check confirmed memory kits then you will find 2-3 of them tested on 2-3 motherboards.
I will probably make some tests on X299 in next weeks and will for sure check memory OC. I stuck with X299 ITX mobo which supports SODIMM for longer. Well I can make 4000+ on SODIMM but I guess I've missed something on standard motherboards and there are new microcodes so I want to check that. It will be ASRock again :)

Back