• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[ASUS x299 TUF MK1] Need help with OC Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heurazio

Hi all,

I just finished my latest build and I like to start OC again after many years of stock settings (The last time I did OC was back in 200X - Core2Quad IIRC).

My Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 7820X
Mainboard: Asus x299 TUF MK1
RAM: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3200 Kit
Cooling: Custom Watercooling

Target:

I aim for at least 4.6Ghz on the CPU and 3.2Ghz for the RAM. I managed to get the CPU stable at the said settings (Mesh @ 3.2Ghz) but I'm struggling with the memory. Every time I change any settings for the memory the system crashes with a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD after some time in Prime95 (small) - It's cinebench and HCI Memtest stable.

Current stable settings:

My stable settings for the CPU are as follows:

prime_small_4600_first.PNG
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.png
5.png

Test settings for the RAM (unstable):
And I tried the following for the RAM:

6.jpg
7.png

Any help or tips too improve my setup or reaching my goal would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

Did you try enabling xmp and getting the ram to run at its rated speed? You shouldn't need to do anything but that.

Id restart from scratch, enable xmp and boot. Once that boots, then add on your cpu oc.

Regarding the cpu overclock, you shouldnt need to touch input voltage or on the memory side the vccio or system agent voltage.

I have this motherboard and when I used an i7 7740X the XMP worked fine, but when I put in the i9 7920X, XMP settings didn't work. I had to use the "manual" setting and go into the dram settings and enable training before I could OC the RAM in quad channel. I never tried dual channel, maybe I should.

Thanks for your answers. The tip with the XMP worked fine for me (no problems) and the RAM is 400% HCI MemTest stable. I'll continue with the CPU now and hope it'll work again.

Some questions are still bothering me - What's the meaning of the CPU SA Voltage, PCH Voltage, and PLL Reference?

System agent is voltage for memory controller, pch is the chipset voltage, pll is phase lock look... we dont generally touch any of those outside of system agent voltage when aying with ram.

Back