• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X570 + G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB) 3600 MHz [Freq/Timing Help!]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v3x0rg

Not sure if this should here or in the RAM forum, so please bear with.

Hello,

I just purchased the following components:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SXMZLPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SXF8GY3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WTS8T2W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everything is running the latest drivers. I am not attempting to overclock, just get the ram running at manufacturer stated speeds/timings. The G.Skill memory is supposed to be able to achieve 3600MHz, however I cannot get it past 2132MHz. Added the Ram info (as per CPU-Z/Thaiphoon Burner) here:
After enabling DCOP on the Asus MB, the computer fails to boot. As per the DCOP settings, the ram is being set to 3603Mhz 16-19-19-19-39 @ 1.35v. I even tried adjusting additional settings using the ‘safe mode presets’ in the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen V1.6.2, that still did not work.

Looking for ideas to help get this working or should I just be returning this RAM?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE1: I reinstalled the RAM from the A1/B1 slots to A2/B2 slots which allowed the DCOP settings to work/boot. I then ran Memtest86 for ~3.5 hours without any errors.

I tried reducing the timings which booted initially, passed ~1 hour of Memtest86 without error, but then put me into a bootloop.

UPDATE2: Despite having no issues with Memtest86, the computer fails to start about 50% of the time with the DCOP 3600MHZ 16-19-19-19 settings. Not really sure what to do at this point. Computer runs fine WHEN it boots.

Last edited:
With that much RAM, you might need to bump up the IMC voltage some. Have you tried any frequencies between 1233 and 3600? Is that RAM kit on the QVC list?

With that much RAM, you might need to bump up the IMC voltage some. Have you tried any frequencies between 1233 and 3600? Is that RAM kit on the QVC list?

Hey,

Hmm IMC Voltage, I will look that up (I understand this has different names based on the board manufacturer?). I only adjusted the DRAM/SOC voltages.

I tried 3200 - 3600 MHz without luck, nothing lower.

Yup, F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC, shows on the list here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...VL_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors_X570_0722.pdf

Just added an update as well, switching the memory slots seemed to help.

Last edited:
The IMC is the memory controller on the CPU, so that's where that will be found in the BIOS. You (usually) won't see it in the memory section.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the RAM from the A1/B1 slots to A2/B2 slots which allowed the DCOP settings to work/boot. I then ran Memtest86 for ~3.5 hours without any errors.
ahhh... the proper slots are helpful!

The IMC is the memory controller on the CPU, so that's where that will be found in the BIOS. You (usually) won't see it in the memory section.

Hmm I am having a hard time finding this (nothing comes up in search), is this the same as the VTTDDR Voltage?

O7OCgqy.jpg

Hi! I just posted this thread: https://www.overclockers.com/forums...ram-with-reboot-halting?p=8131961#post8131961

I'm starting to believe its a Asus bios bug with DOCP with the chance of halting at boot.

In terms of SOC voltage, Asus should be defaulting to 1.1v's with DOCP enabled. I wouldn't go any higher than that because it can cause problems with pci-express devices on zen 2. Most notably being pci-express 4.0 devices. And you really shouldn't need more than 1.1v's. Ryzen DRAM calc and The Stilt also warns going over 1.1v as well. Though you can manually set 1.1v instead of having DOCP do it, as I did but it doesn't help because I really leaning towards it being Asus bios bug.

So don't worry, you're not the only one :) If that helps lol.

Last edited:
I have the same board and it dont like slot a1 and a3 for mem. works fine at 4000mhz on the other 2 slots

Hi! I just posted this thread: https://www.overclockers.com/forums...ram-with-reboot-halting?p=8131961#post8131961

I'm starting to believe its a Asus bios bug with DOCP with the chance of halting at boot.

In terms of SOC voltage, Asus should be defaulting to 1.1v's with DOCP enabled. I wouldn't go any higher than that because it can cause problems with pci-express devices on zen 2. Most notably being pci-express 4.0 devices. And you really shouldn't need more than 1.1v's. Ryzen DRAM calc and The Stilt also warns going over 1.1v as well. Though you can manually set 1.1v instead of having DOCP do it, as I did but it doesn't help because I really leaning towards it being Asus bios bug.

So don't worry, you're not the only one :) If that helps lol.

Lol yeah

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I have the same board and it dont like slot a1 and a3 for mem. works fine at 4000mhz on the other 2 slots

Mines are in 2/4 and its not completely stable, however it did not work AT ALL in 1/4. 1/4 had to be at 2133 MHz.

Only use slots 2 and 4 unless you have 4 sticks of RAM.
Try setting the DRAM voltage to 1.375-1.4V also look for a DRAM boot voltage, you may or may not have this setting and set it the same as the DRAM voltage.

Only use slots 2 and 4 unless you have 4 sticks of RAM.
Try setting the DRAM voltage to 1.375-1.4V also look for a DRAM boot voltage, you may or may not have this setting and set it the same as the DRAM voltage.

Hmm, see the below list of settings. I don't see anything like 'DRAM boot voltage':

Code:
VDDCR CPU Voltage
VDDR SOC Voltage
DRAM Voltage
CLDO VDDG Voltage
1.0V SB Voltage
1.2V SB Voltage
CPU 1.80V Voltage
VTTDDR Voltage
VPP_MEM Voltage

For those curious this is the last email exchange that I had with support, they recommended the below:

Code:
Thank you for your contacting ASUS product support, my name is Adam P., I do hope you are having a great day.

Allow me to apologize about the inconvenience if your motherboard fails to boot when enabling DOCP. I fully understand the importance of setting your unit up properly. Let me do my best to assist you in resolving this concern.

I appreciate the details that you have sent out and your time and effort for troubleshooting the issue. To fix the problem, please apply the XMP settings in accordance to the example below: 

Check model# of RAM; frequency will be show (example: F4-3600C16Q-32GTRS* );
Go to BIOS - >
AI Tweaked Menu ->Memory frequency -> 3600Mhz* (memory spec frequency)
CPU SOC Voltage -> 1.35V, Please bump this 0.01V+ until the system is stable
Go to DRAM Timing Control 
Go to BIOS -> Extreme Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Control, validate steps below or change (if timing is different, check memory model# and memory qvl / section called timing)
DRAM Cas# Latency -> 16*
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay -> 16*
DRAM RAS# ACT Time -> 36*
Press F10 to save and reboot settings
If your issue remains unresolved we would like to contact you by phone to avoid further delays. If this is acceptable, please provide the best phone number, day, and time for us to reach you.

Last edited:
Hmm, see the below list of settings. I don't see anything like 'DRAM boot voltage':
DRAM Boot Voltage is under the Extreme Tweaker settings >> Digi+ Power menu at the bottom.

I've got the same problem, sometimes the computer doesn't turn on and sends me to the Bios menu, anyone got a fix for this?

Back