• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99-E WS, no where to be found?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Method320

Registered
Alright, as my sig suggests, I'm in the middle of a hefty upgrade. I have my eyes pretty much set on that board. Problem is, only place I can find it is Newegg Business, and it's out of stock. Regular newegg has a product page for it, but it says its out of stock and may or may not be restocked, which typically means it won't be restocked. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132263

Asus' promotion page shows links to Amazon and all the other major suppliers but no one's selling it. Is newegg business the only place that sells it once it's in stock? Anyone know anything?

I feel your pain, I am postponing my build until I can a hold of this board mainly for its full 16x PCI E 3 and added slots. A review on youtube stated that it is exclusively for sale on newegg only on release. Have messaged ASUS's facebook pages trying to find out more information about sales and stock.

I fear that I may have to settle for the DELUXE or RAMPAGE, or look into ASRocks WS or Exreme4 :-/

Yeah, I was looking at that board too. While it has nearly all of the features, I really hate the gaudy look of it and the color scheme. The WS is simplistic and minimalist, which looks really really good.

Hi! It is now well over a year and a half since you posted a message regarding the lack of stock of Asus x99-e ws, and I have found myself in the same position. I have been waiting at least a month with it out of stock. I was wondering how you eventually solved this issue? Did you get another motherboard? if so, which one? I am looking to build a 5960x as well. If they did finally restock it, how long did it take for them to stock it approximately? I am wondering if I should look into ASRock or just settle for the Asus x99-Deluxe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you need a workstation motherboard then look at the ASRock options.

I'm wondering what the NEED is for a workstation level board....make sure it really is a need before you pay a premium for that kind of board. :)

I render a lot, video all year; and 3D graphics 4-10 times out of the year. Gotta let the machine crank away for 24+ hours. So yeah I'd like a quality board that can withstand that stress over many years. Not to mention be able to accept a Xeon chip, that's kinda cool with the group of people I'm around they will be updating and selling their stuff, so expandability is kinda fun to think that the Asus x99-e ws could do that.

The more specific question was about how I notice dips in prices and shortages on popular items such as this board. This seemed to have happened here with these same x99 boards and I would be curious to know how long that "temporary out of stock" lasted about a year or two ago. Since it was hard to find any info at all about it, I was excited to see that someone else asked this very same question. Hopefully some of those people see this reply post.

Back