• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z87-A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

So, I just picked up this board to pair it with an i5-4690. The previous owner had an i5-4670k. The problem is they both need a different BIOS version to run it. I'm worried that it might not boot. The BIOS version for the 4670k is 0801. And the number for the for the 4690 is 1802. So, I know, or at least think I know that the owner had the 0801 BIOS installed. My only problem is that non of the the cheap Celerons have the BIOS number that match that of the 4670k. Anyone knowledgeable with Asus or this type of stuff? I'm not really sure what to do. I was thinking about just seeing if the chip will work with the board. But, was also thinking of picking up a Celeron or something so I could just update the BIOS. What do you guys think? Thanks for your time and help!

Yogurt

Try it with your 4690. It should work. If you're concerned about it not working, pick up a cheapo chip and flash it ;)

Back