• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus z87 decision help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i see that the posting has changed to the right way and it pleases me by that i turn off the defends mode

no Knufire it wasnt market share

at first there is nothing decided yet on what brand or type/series i will buy as mb neather its yet decided what cpu to buy exept it will be intel
same as its not decided what gpu i want and its not decided on what GHZ oc i will go for but getting 3.4/3.5 to 4.5 is my at least mininmum goal

i just want to debate on this topic what my choise are on the mb when you look on the hardware ive put on the main post (gona have to edit that wc )i already said i disliked the sabertooth not only fashion whise the whole armor thing is pointless and gona have to remove it
by doing that it seems to me pointless to buy an board to end by remove the main feature
so if you have advice for another one just shoot
i still believe that asus and gigabyte uses better parts so if you advice one of those brand typês it would make me happy and pls be specific dont say "any of those "
and can you pls explain to me why you advice that

i will be away for an few days off the forum
i am openminded just not when i get pushed in defensif but im glad the tone has been changed so i dont need to explain every word i say
just for the record ive build the passed 5 years 27 computers but most where 5 year ago im not an pro more an diy and asfar iknow they all still working nicely and no not in my home ...lolz o wait im wrong i think 2 or 3 are in the belt already

question of the day : does that 6Gb connection still bug?

cya laters

finaly got time to return on the forum

that sheet showes that i was right of asus better part usage but i was wrong on the gigabyte parts

ive printed out the sheet and showed the person who told me that giga also usses better parts and he was a shamed about the wrong info he got himself and was also angry on idk who

i cant conclude if the better part is needed on normale usage or limited oc but its sure needed on extreme oc and so far the most records are made with asus extreme boards

its hard to prove myself giving links if the info came out books or people telling me the past 25 a 30 years
the info is burned in my head but cant recall where it comes from or at what time

atleast you guys could back me up on it if i was telling the truth (like that sheet) and not testing me

now on the choice of the deluxe let me say this
ive been watching and reading all ,about all brand,made an exel page and line everything up and had to conclude that the deluxe is better for me because of the kind and amount of the connection
like 4 usb2 at the back and 4 on board or 6 usb3 (just enouf on what i needed) and 2 onboard also has bluetooth use the new audio codec alc1150 has 4 chassis fan connection and cost only 260 euros
on the other side i have no clue if i can use 2 lan connections and i sure dont need 10 sata 600 connections

of the info ive been reading,ocing haswell gona affect cooling more then before and i somehow.... knew it and thats why i am going for an wc

from the guide advised by andre it says that air could get to 4.3Ghz beyond that mostlikely gona need an wc like the aoi to get up to 4.8GHZ if you got an good (if youre Lucky) 4770k if youre not Lucky you gona need an custom wc to get that benchmarked

personly i gona ocing between 4.5 and 5Ghz 24/7 use
to get this i needed an case that can fit many 200mm fans and watercooler and still have limited mesurement and the nzxt case was the only one i could find for this
ive been relooking all the cases i could find on then inet and i also did research on the memory and found some g.skill that would work great

now im waiting for the release of the asus maximus VI formula and the asus gtx 770 dc2 top and the msi gtx 770 frozr III for the final decisions

ive also did alot of research at shops and still have problems finding an street shop to buy the nzxt case,the swiftech wc and the g.skill memory
my wife and i arent an netshop-delivery at the door people and we dont own an creditcard on principals so it makes a bit hard to find shops for hardware

i also been remoddeling the desk buyed 2 led flatscreens one 23 inch ips from iiyama and an 18.5 led flatscreen from AOC as operating screen

this is the reason why i was so long away ...
for me this topic is closed now
80% on the harware is decided and if formula doesnt fit need or bills it gona be the deluxe and yes man ive been looking at the giga ud5h and been looking at the sabertooth review and test...and they failed to be considered
all have a good day and have fun in the forums

Probably one of these depending on your budget and how much you want to invest in a MB.
I'd certainly give ASRock some consideration, especially the power phases.

Back