• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus z97-A crapped itself?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PitfireX

Registered
Everything was fine last night, went out for a smoke, came back in and couldn't wake my pc. It will power on but I can't get any output to monitors. Tried removing GPU and got nothing from integrated. Unplugged hard drives and nothing. Does the fact that I'm not getting bios mean it's done?

any beep codes?
does the computer power on at all (leds active on your mobo, fans spinning up etc)
try a cmos reset.

had this a long time ago when sleep/wake-up was buggy as hell, hence I didn't use it untill my current build were it was optimized. Cmos reset could fix it.

No beeps, all fans and leds are active, cleared RTC RAM in CMOS. Nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this is of note.... I have a RGB backlit keyboard that isn't turning off when the computer is plugged in, but off. Which is strange.

- remove your ram and see if it boots (then reseat 1 stick at a time in different slots)
- remove all HDD's
- remove all ODD's/card readers
- reseat the GPU in a different PCI-E slot
- does the fan of your PSU work?

Not sure if this is of note.... I have a RGB backlit keyboard that isn't turning off when the computer is plugged in, but off. Which is strange.
shouldn't be a problem, my KVM are USB powered and even when the computer is turned off the lights still work (they only go off when I flip the switch on the PSU)

With nothing but Mobo, cpu, and psu still no bois, beeps or output. Psu fan running, tried 0 ram, stick a only and stick b only. Still nothing

Just realized this mobo doesn't have a speaker for beeps. Gunna see if I can find my old speaker

Pull the battery and leave it out. PSU unplugged as well . Clear CMOS leave the battery out for a few hours.
CPU have sock cooling? If so check all the Push pins on the hsf (hopefully some are loose and the system was just overheating) .

Try again .

Do you have a second PSU you can try ?

If this doesn't work you might have to take it somewhere that has extra parts you can swap to find the issue.

Yeah that worked... the case fans were on. But they already were coming on. Does that tell us some thing

They do stay on. Went down and snagged a speaker that I rigged up with some wires and I'm getting no beeps. Went to best buy and picked up a new PSU, same result.

Back