• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z97 Pro flashback failing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jscottk

Hey everyone,

I've got a z97 pro (wifi) motherboard that I would like to use my Intel i5-4590 with. Unfortunately, the board requires a BIOS update to support that processor. I follow the process (http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/) and no matter what I do, the flashback LED flashes 3-4 times and then goes solid green.

Here's my exact process with pictures/screenshots:
Does anyone have any clue what to do about this? I've tried 4 different USB sticks, I've tried FAT16, FAT32, and NFTS (on all of the sticks), tried naming the file differently, tried the 8 pin CPU power connector in addition to the 24 pin mobo connector, tried the 24 pin alone, and still nothing changes. The only clue I have to go off of is that the light flashes once more when the USB is formatted as NFTS (with the proper filename of Z97P.CAP).

Thanks for any help

Back