• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Code 00 on Asus z97 pro (please read description)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shehroz65

Hi.

Yesterday, i delidded my 4790k, put the components back in the pc and it all worked fine. Today, I wanted to re install the hard drives, due to their poor cable management, and i did that. Afterwards, when i turned on my pc, I got a 00 code on my asus z97 pro. And 4 seconds after pushing the power button, it turned off and 2 seconds later, turned on again automatically with a 00 code on my MOBO and showed no display on the monitor (here it didnt turn off again). Now here comes the weird part. When I lay my PC down, it boots fine, and if I havent shut down windows, and I put my PC back normally straight up, it will work fine, But when I turn off windows and turn PC on again, the same problem will happen, (motherboard showing "00" code, pc turning off after a few seconds, turning on a few seconds later with NO display and with 00 code on motherboard). But if i turn my PC off, lay it down, like i said, it will work fine. And then the same problem keeps repeating. Any ideas why? I hope you understand my problem (a really weird problem i know).
PS: I know, after searching google, that 00 code is likely due to a bent pin on the socket, so my question is, Why does it work properly after laying the PC down?
Please feel free to ask me any questions and I appreciate the help in advance.
If any one of you wants me, I could even upload a video showing this problem, to get a better understanding of this.
Thanks

Could be the CPU is not making proper contact in the socket that's why it works when you lay it down. You'll need to take it apart, reseat the CPU and maked sure the "lid" stays in the center of the CPU when you reassemble it.
Can you tighten the cooler any more? If so try that first

Could be the CPU is not making proper contact in the socket that's why it works when you lay it down. You'll need to take it apart, reseat the CPU and maked sure the "lid" stays in the center of the CPU when you reassemble it.
Can you tighten the cooler any more? If so try that first

Hmmmm. This seems to have fixed the issue. Not facing any problems now. Will update once I do
Thanks for this anyway

Back