• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At my wits end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Red orchestra 2 multiplayer works. Never crashed while playing. Most other games did, even war thunder which is strictly online as well.

I too went online for driver without anti-virus once...
Big mistake! I got 3 malware programs just from finding drivers...

Did you run malwarebytes yet?

Silver_Pharaoh
Hhow did you manage to do that? I started running without active protection 1.5 months aho and my sys is clean (scaned today) only a few cookies showed up as suspicious, but from pages that i trust.

I say stop installing toolbars :rofl: (just kidding)

Hhow did you manage to do that? I started running without active protection 1.5 months aho and my sys is clean (scaned today) only a few cookies showed up as suspicious, but from pages that i trust.

I say stop installing toolbars :rofl: (just kidding)

I dunno, I was searching with google! (and IE :-/ )

Toolbars? Maybe... Just kidding I hate them, most are junk.

OptyTrooper: I don't think OP ran memtest yet, I hope he does, I posted the link.

Silver_Pharaoh

I haven't run it yet. Can I run BurnIn test? I tried to do the USB one for memtest but it wants me to find a bin. file for whatever reason. I don't know what that is, and I do not have one made right now because it doesn't auto select it.

I haven't run it yet. Can I run BurnIn test? I tried to do the USB one for memtest but it wants me to find a bin. file for whatever reason. I don't know what that is, and I do not have one made right now because it doesn't auto select it.

You could, but memtest is the best choice for memory testing.

I'll attatch the correct zip file for memtest usb version.

It's for windows so you just have to extract the zip files, run the EXE in there and it should auto select the included .bin file. If not, just hit the "browse" button select the .bin file in the folder you just extracted everything to.

Then click "Write to UDF" after you select the USB drive. You will lose all data on the usb drive to copy it somewhere first!

Then boot to USB and memtest should run. As lon as your computer supports booting from USB.

Hope this helps,
Silver_Pharaoh

View attachment memtest86-usb.img.zip

Alright well i ran it but it restarted about 8 times and went into its little testing screen for about 3 seconds every time. i picked default run

Alright well i ran it but it restarted about 8 times and went into its little testing screen for about 3 seconds every time. i picked default run

That's either bad or ... well I dunno.

That could mean that the memory is that messed up, this happened to me when I overclock my old AMD Duron (Spitfire baby!) way past it's rated FSB of 100 MHz. I hit about 160 MHz then memtest would fail to run at all until I reduced the overclock...

Do you have any other computers that you can run memtest on? If so swap the memory (if the memory is compatible with the other computers) and run memtest. If it still fails in another good mobo, I'd say it's bad memory...

Try it if you can please!

Silver_Pharaoh

What ill do is just have the guy test it when he does my rebuild. In the meantime I can still play a couple games though

Wait, the computer you're talking about on this thread still can play games?

I was under the assumption that it's still locked you out?

Silver_Pharaoh

Bad memory is a MF! If you have 2 sticks pull 1 out. And run your diognostics. If good swap them out and run again. If still good its not your memory.

P.s. I shouldn't post while drunk. Ill edit in the morning. But what I said is true.

good night.

Edit: corrected drunken spelling.

Last edited:
Bad memory is a MF! If yoy have 2 sticks pull 1 out. And run you diognostics. If good swapbthem out and run agsin. If still good its not your m re mory.

Ps I sjouldny postwhile dtunk. Ill edit in the morning. But whst I said is true.

good night

Woah! had some fun last night? :D

OP: yeah only pull memory out while the computer is off.

Silver_Pharaoh

Back