• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 - The Pre-Phenom days.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha! sA baby. I don't have a ton of submissions at HWBot for this platform, but I did OC quite a few back in the day.

Found this little WPrime with Sempron 2400+ and 40% OC. These chips weren't too bad once you got them going over 2ghz!

image_id_554052.png

If only I had the time... :D

I'd gladly send you a piece or two to have some fun with..... But your not on my OC team :(

Join CP. have a look around that forum! Participate! Be one of US. Not one of THEM! lol.

Hopefully some day you find some time. I'd enjoy seeing some more of your OC results Dood!

Ha that would be funny, E_D and Scotty in reverse roles ha ha ha.
Good idea for the thread S_B :thup:
Here's a 3000+, had it rocking GPUPI just shy of 3.0 took almost 2hrs to complete and I forgot to save the effin data file. :facepalm:

gpupi 1B 1h 57m 53.975s.JPG

Eh.....it would be about the same as it is here. Joe treats me pretty good. Matter of fact, I get treated pretty good by all around here.

Good idea for the thread S_B :thup:
Here's a 3000+, had it rocking GPUPI just shy of 3.0 took almost 2hrs to complete and I forgot to save the effin data file. :facepalm:

I forget to save the file all the time don't feel bad. Drives me nuts.

EarthDog is more than welcome to team jump any day he wants. I'm not in the position, but I'd like to have him there and offer him some status moderator, team captain and such. He's a good leader. OCF is lucky to have him imo.

The 2500+ Palermo of my dreams. 83% overclocked.

image_id_819702.png

Old gheto water benching rig.
Love ghetto ssjwizard!
My benching loop, 360 rad hanging out the window in the winter, 6 2200 rpm YL fans, 700 Gph mag drive pump, the all important kitty litter bucket with 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distiller and water block. Now modified with a hose end on it so I can just screw in my gpu block when needed. :D I've seen -20c temps when it's really cold outside. Though average is closer to -6 in the winter.
IMG_3880a.jpg

Nice setup! That a heater core???
No clamps... one brave soul

No thats a best mode radiator. MoRa 3, 360x400x~60mm quad pass low restriction radiator. Thats the setup I used for the A64 overclocktagon throwdown. The particular chip was very stubborn. I think I ended up placing 3rd or something like that.

Love the thread idea Jon. I have a few AM2's and might be adding some more as I've mentioned at CP. Anyhow here's a pretty good run with my 6000+ Windsor. Beching SPi-32 @ 3.6 on ambient water. The best this chip would do on DICE was 3.69.
Did it bug on Dice? Ran mine on the cold water, think it was about -6 at the time in above sub.

Yes, IIRC it would freeze at -26c so I kept it as close to -20c as possible. My best CPU run was validated at 2c though. :shrug:

Awww man, I missed out on this thread. I have been an AMD customer since the start and not too long ago on ebay I sold my K6-2 266MHz cpu. That thing was still working and running strong too!

Awww man, I missed out on this thread. I have been an AMD customer since the start and not too long ago on ebay I sold my K6-2 266MHz cpu. That thing was still working and running strong too!
This is AMD man, we don't sell parts we beat on them till they die.

This is AMD man, we don't sell parts we beat on them till they die.
Lol, well excuse the hell out of me man. I didn't really have a setup to run and bench that thing anyway, it was just sitting around and collecting dust...and I needed the money.

Would it make you feel any better if you believed the person who bought it was another AMD enthusiast who acquired it for the specific intent of running it into the ground? :p

Back