• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI vs. Nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

sorry, this is probably a really really out of date question, but which would you guys recommend, a Radeon 8500 (is the 9000 faster?) or a Ti4200? I would've searched but didn't know what to search for. I like how the Radeon is cheaper, but isn't the Ti4200 better for games? I'm most interested in gaming w/ the card and being able to keep it for a while for future games.

radeon is cheaper, the geforce is the better card, not by a huge margin, but still faster. if money is not big issue, i'd definately get the g4 ti 4200.. you wont be disppointed.

I dont think the radeon is cheaper i got my pny g4 ti 4200 64 MB for $158. I have seen the 128 MB for about $170

Also my or all pny g4 ti 4200 has a stock mem speed of 513 and not 500.

the radeon 9000 performs slower on some things and faster on some thigs than the 8500

Get the g4 ti 4200

There are all differen manufacturers of the nvidia cards. Does the brand make a difference? Say PNY vs. Inno3d, or some other manufacturer.

On similar systems, my 9000 Pro is just a bit faster than my GF3Ti200 in 3DMark 2001. Reviews I've read place it just under the 8500, but not by much.

If money is an issue, go with the 8500, if not, the Ti4200 will out perform it.

Purely subjective, but I think my 9000 Pro has a bit better look than my GF3 when playing UT or flying WarBirdsIII.

Back