• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attention Digital Pimp and Aggies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TC said:
Hmm, now if we convince you that guys care a lot more about you than what you're wearing we can get more $$ devoted to crunching right? ;) Oh god I hope this is not sexist. I never can tell what's politically correct now days :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that most guys care a lot more than just what I wear. However, I care a lot about what I wear. I care less about whether guys care about what I wear. :) Does that makes sense? Anyways, I want to add more PC to my collection as much you do, I think. But I don't make 6 figure digits salary like some people ;)

AGGIES!! good to hear from you, i noticed a while ago your production had dropped off, and if u look at the stats, so has mine, i have been trying REAL hard to keep up/pass u but i havent been having much luck with my farm either...

as for your upload... i wish i had saved a few in a WU bank account too ;)

Katelin, good luck up there, i'll be joinin ya later, save me a spot.

Digital

i know i shouldent be the once saying this, but Katelin, what's goin on with your WU poduction 2 in the last 2 days ?!? thought u were aiming to flatten me... or are u just waiting to get another yellow jacket?

Digital

She is probably trying to make us feel secure...

She'll do a very large dump and flatten me too.

I am having trouble at the moment with my network, production has slowed to a crawl!

Sorry I let you guys down. I've got some issues to resolve at home. None of my crunchers are running. The problem starts when I told my dad I want to buy a wireless cable router and wireless network card for my laptop. He thinks I'm spending too much time/money on computers. I don't want to unload this on you guys, it's just something I need work out. I will be back.

Hope it gets resolved. Don't blow too much on the computer, it isn't really worth it. Try to have a life while you can before you move out w/ a farm :eek:

Katelin,

I know it can be tough for parents to see their kids really getting into something that costs so much time and money. When my brother and I started getting into computers our Mom had a hard time seeing the relavance of it. Now she is very smart and loves to read Sci-fi and fantasy books etc. but she still had a hard time believing it would lead to anything "good" down the road. Now pretty much every one in my family has at least one computer and does various amounts of email/web surfing...even her! :)

Back in HS when I starting spending lots of time and money on my first computer I know she worried about whether or not it was helping me in any way. She pushed my brother and I to take college prep classes throughout HS to help prepare us for the "rest of our lives!"

Now my brother and I both have careers in the IT field. ;) When did all this start? We first got on a computer in 1981 and I starting buying my first system in HS in 1983/84 school year.

One current side note. Now my wife wants to get back into photography. This is great and I fully support her to do this but guess what...it will be no less expensive than my computer hobby. The truth is all adult level hobbies cost about the same in the long run whether it is stamp collecting, coin collectiong etc.

Good luck with your current issues.

Cy

Cy said:
Katelin,

I know it can be tough for parents to see their kids really getting into something that costs so much time and money. When my brother and I started getting into computers our Mom had a hard time seeing the relavance of it. Now she is very smart and loves to read Sci-fi and fantasy books etc. but she still had a hard time believing it would lead to anything "good" down the road. Now pretty much every one in my family has at least one computer and does various amounts of email/web surfing...even her! :)

Back in HS when I starting spending lots of time and money on my first computer I know she worried about whether or not it was helping me in any way. She pushed my brother and I to take college prep classes throughout HS to help prepare us for the "rest of our lives!"

Now my brother and I both have careers in the IT field. ;) When did all this start? We first got on a computer in 1981 and I starting buying my first system in HS in 1983/84 school year.

One current side note. Now my wife wants to get back into photography. This is great and I fully support her to do this but guess what...it will be no less expensive than my computer hobby. The truth is all adult level hobbies cost about the same in the long run whether it is stamp collecting, coin collectiong etc.

Good luck with your current issues.

Cy

Sweet story, tell that to your kids or something, bwahahha! Well, my dad buys me stuff for the comp he thinks it's alright, he cares more about how I do well in school. Mainly the cash going into the CPU are from damages, but none have been happening lately (Hope I didn't jynx it).

Yodums

Actually, my other hobby is sports and doesn't cost 1/100 of what I pay for the comp. LOL My badminton raquet cost 300.00, and volleyball pads were 50.00, both Canadian Dollars.

Yodums

Maybe Worse Than First Thought

The situations that Katelin first mentioned may have in fact been worse than expected, it does in fact appear that she has left the team! That would truely be sad if in fact it is the case, she brought a bright new spark to the team during her short stay. Let's all hope that this is just temporary, or in fact that I am completely wrong and just talking out my hat.

Now not only do we have to find E.T., we gotta find Katelin too!

SkyHook

Yeah, it looks as though she has bailed. I was hoping that she could manage the hobby/Parent equation to her favor. But, having seen the angle pushed too far as a parent, I withhold judgement. However, the potential lost is great..........:(

Sorry I let you guys down. I've got some issues to resolve at home. None of my crunchers are running. The problem starts when I told my dad I want to buy a wireless cable router and wireless network card for my laptop. He thinks I'm spending too much time/money on computers. I don't want to unload this on you guys, it's just something I need work out. I will be back.

:-|

I find it interesting that she would leave the team, even though her parents are supposedly only keeping her machines off. As far as I know, this doesn't yank from the team rankings... right?

One wonders.

*Walks off*

Back