• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 1 & 2 pinouts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Audigy LS - what is the model number (CT#### or SB####)?

Re: Pinout orientation: there are two pins missing so you should be able to figure it out from there. Pins one and two are usually the farthest away from the motherboard (on all the cards I've seen). Easiest way to double check is to put a multimeter on what you think are pins one and three (you should get ~5VDC) - if you've got it upside down you'll be measuring between two ground pins (it'll read 0VDC). You got the rest correct.

JCLW said:
Re: Pinout orientation: there are two pins missing so you should be able to figure it out from there. Pins one and two are usually the farthest away from the motherboard (on all the cards I've seen). Easiest way to double check is to put a multimeter on what you think are pins one and three (you should get ~5VDC) - if you've got it upside down you'll be measuring between two ground pins (it'll read 0VDC). You got the rest correct.

Awesome, I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

JCLW said:
! ! ! Do these mods at your own risk ! ! !
Audigy 1:

#1) To enable AC3 decoding on SPDIF input

To enable AC3 decoding on SPDIF input connect pin 1 (VCC) to pin 23 (GPI0 Digital Input) using a 4.7k resistor. This fools the card into thinking a LiveDrive is connected and should enable the "Digital Input" tab in the Audio HQ Device Controls.[/size]

1/4 Watt or 1/2 Watt resistor?

Ok I put the wire with the resistor hooked up to the right pins and I can select the decode ac3 on spdif input, but when I hook up the spliced coax cable to pins 15 and 16, I still get no sound.

It is unmuted.

I have my dvd player hooked up to it with the audio set to bitstream.

What is wrong? :confused:

I've done the Audigy 1 Platinum softmod to Audigy 2, then to the ZS..
They perform flawlessly, I dunno about others but I felt the change of the music and sound quality; the driver suite rocks too.... Anybody with an Audigy 1 dont hesitate to softmod, dont let Creative Lies force you to buy a new card, its all through the same recycled architecture with a few useless features you'll never miss.

Sa3atsky, i have an Audigy2 and i want to mod it to ZS. can you show me how you did it ? I looked at creative's site for the ZS driver and it seems to use the same drive as the Audigy2

hello:

if i have an audigy 1 platinum, can i go straight to audigy 2 zs platinum? or do i have to go to audigy 2 platinum first? if i went to audigy 2 platinum first, would i just install the zs drivers on top then? thanks.

Welcome to the forums! :)

You should be able to just install A2 ZS Platinum drivers.

Let us know how it goes...

I was looking at buying a new Audigy 2 ZS Platinum today, but the price tag is putting me off :) the price tag for downloading the drivers for the softmod seems more appealable.

Thanks to JCLW - I will try this on my card tomorrow morning when the drivers have downloaded over my useless 56k connection :)

I also use the Audigy for recording in my music studio, so I would like to see if the new drivers decrease the noise level as some people have told me the static noise is less with softmod drivers.

I think on the REAL Audigy 2 ZS Platinum the 108dB Signal to Noise Ratio provided by the DACS will give even better recording sound... am I right there???

lennytiger said:
I think on the REAL Audigy 2 ZS Platinum the 108dB Signal to Noise Ratio provided by the DACS will give even better recording sound... am I right there???

It might give better recording sound, but I doubt anyone would hear it. 108dB signal to noise ratio is better than almost any professional recording (I say almost any because there is always that exception). Your limiting factor wouldnt be the sound card in that case, but the associated recording equipment. I'd also guess that while the audigy's ADC has a 108dB signal to noise ratio, the actual analog electronics s/n ratio is MUCH lower.

If you are looking at recording, I strongly suggest looking into different brands, as IMO recording performance is not Creative's strong point...

mmm well i did the mod and i must say the sound is good...
just playing some music on it now, i can hear the bass from the sub is more punchy and tight, the mid and highs from the front speakers are cleaner with a generally nicer sound. ;)

hi:

i just did the mod, i d/led the audigy zs driver cd from this guide- http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=45004

it seems like everything worked except one thing. if you scroll down to the last pic of the first post on that driver heaven guide, on the bottom right (eax console), I noticed for the sound card it says SB Audigy 2 [C800]. Mine says SB Audigy [A400]. Does this mean the drivers are not installed properly, or does that thing just show what the actual card is. I noticed the guy who did the driver heaven thing says he says an Audigy 2, and it shows up as Audigy 2 in EAX console, not Audigy 2 ZS, so is that it?

Thanks a lot for the welcome JLCW :D

steel102 said:
hi:

i just did the mod, i d/led the audigy zs driver cd from this guide- http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=45004

it seems like everything worked except one thing. if you scroll down to the last pic of the first post on that driver heaven guide, on the bottom right (eax console), I noticed for the sound card it says SB Audigy 2 [C800]. Mine says SB Audigy [A400]. Does this mean the drivers are not installed properly, or does that thing just show what the actual card is. I noticed the guy who did the driver heaven thing says he says an Audigy 2, and it shows up as Audigy 2 in EAX console, not Audigy 2 ZS, so is that it?

Thanks a lot for the welcome JLCW :D

I also noticed mine still says SB Audigy with no remark to it being the new audigy 2 driver... is this anything to worry about or is it the new driver???

Can somebody help me out here, everytime I reboot windows is auto reinstalling the sb live drivers, and it is really starting to get on my nerves.

Any help is as always helpful.

Hey JCLW, awesome thread :thup:

anyways.. i just have a few questions.
First off. Ive got an audigy MP3 Model: SB0090 and according to your post, this mod should work on my card. Ok.. so before i attempt this mod, i was just wondering, what this mod does is change my Audigy Mp3+ to an Audigy 2 zs by changing the drivers correct? (am not reffering to the physical card itself). So after i complete this mod, my sound quality should improve correct?

Second of all. It was mentioned that all the outs on an Audigy 2 are digital, so one couldnt hook up their front case outs to the card correct? So, since my Audigy 1 has the analogue out (i believe that is what it is called), would i be able to hook up my case outs to the back of my audigy after i softmod it? (It works right now with my audigy 1 and A1 drivers.) I mean, would it still recognize the outs as analogue rather than digital? or would i have to purchase a digital speaker system then????

anyways... i am just a bit snafu ( <--- cool word eh? it means confused ) about that, so any info would be appriciated.. thanks !

raven

I should update this thread, as the pinouts for A2s have been discovered.

It doesn't change anything physical on the card. The pinouts both on the back of the card and on the inside headers will stay the same. Where are your case outs plugged into currently? The back of the card? Or the header on the card inside the case?

When people are talking about the digital in/outputs on the A2s, they just mean there are no analogue in/outs on the AD_EXT header on the inside of the card.

Back