• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 1 & 2 pinouts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
o ok.. my case outs are plugged into the back of my card, (they travel through the inside of my case, and plug into the back with a mini plug).

Ok.. so since i just have an audigy card. Would i still be able to do this mod and get better sound? or would it be pointless since i do not have the 5 1/4" bay thing.?

omsg i never knew u could do that. thanks alot, this'll teach my rich *** friend. he paid 80 for his audigy 2. and i'll get the same for less then half the price.

raven said:
Ok.. so since i just have an audigy card. Would i still be able to do this mod and get better sound?
Yes, and more features.

You'll never have the same sound as a real A2 ZS (unless you break out the soldering iron) because it has better DACs on it. You'll also miss out on DTS-ES.

JCLW said:
Yes, and more features.

You'll never have the same sound as a real A2 ZS (unless you break out the soldering iron) because it has better DACs on it. You'll also miss out on DTS-ES.

Thanks JCLW
That is everything i needed to know.
Time to upgrade my soundcard for free =p

Sorry, you can't :( - only digital in/out is available on the Audigys.

I should update the first post, as the A2 pinout is now known. If anyone wants it look over at Driverheaven.

Successfully soft modded, no headache at all. None at all. If I can do it in 10 minutes at 4 am after a long work shift, it doesn't get much easier.

And yes, you do notice. I have a 5.1 Zalman headset, and had been listening to classical all day, then I softmodded at 4 am, and you can tell.

Now to sleep, wake up, hook it to my Klipsh speakers, and crank it. I would do that now, but, um, it's 4am.

Oh, and this was the first time I strolled into the sound section of OCForums, and it was well worth it!

Edit: Oh, should be stickied.

i am stil lconfused, there is no way u can hook up SLive Platium bay drive on Audigy 2 card? by i need the midi port on it

Successful upgrade!
I noticed a definate improvement in sound quality. the highs are definately brighter, and the bass is a bit crisper. btw.. i am using x-530 logitech speakers.. and they sound fantastic !

I use this card for mastering and mixing stuff into 5.1 from my studio... It' sounds great on my studio monitors!

These are true tone speakers and they are perfectly balanced Highs and Lows (bass and treble) it really shows how good the card is...

Well, I'm now using intel HD Audio (DD Live!) :thup: so I'm not really following the creative scene anymore.

I still get a lot of PMs 'tho. If you're looking for more info check out DriverHeaven.

Some threads to answer the most asked PMs:

Softmodded drivers w/download links:
http://driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=66414

A2 ZS pinout:
http://driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=51279

Good luck with all your SB cards :) Maybe I'll play with one again someday, but not 'til Creative licences some DD Live! action ;)

Hi All,

I have Audigy 2 USB Video Editor, unfortunately the power supply died because of Lightening, is there any way that some good Samaritans come to my rescue and help me with a pin layout of the power supply please.
The DC in at the back is a roundish thing with 3 pins in it, I would really appreciate your advise.

Cheers
Siamak

Back