• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 Platinum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its not that great ive heard alot of bs on the audigy 2, i would get a turtel beach or a hurculease.. ( cant spell >< )

I got mine for $130 and for that price I think it's an excellent deal, combining top-of-the-line sound with top-of-the-line connectiviy (this combined with my TV Tuner that I got for $24 and now I can plug into just about everything out there!) and you also get the neat extras like the remote (which I just cant put down) and the ability to make a man sound like a woman or a woman sound like a man or a chipmunk or "zeus" (and you can do this all without even extending your arm to click the mouse).

BTW when I got mine I could've gotten a straight Audigy for just $80 (gotta love Best Buy) but I took into consideration all of thing I just mentioned and the fact that I had a LAN party the next day and no front hphone jack.

Also, now that I have the uber input/outputs on the Platinum, I probably will never need to upgrade my sound card again. Now I can connect to any speakers, any stereo, any home theatre, and so much more! Before you consider the $50 it's going to cost you to get all this coolness, think about your future. With this card and my TV Tuner, my comp is now a home theatre-in-a-box (I just need a DVD Drive *grumble grumble*). But if you already have a good home theatre and dont think you'll ever want your comp hooked into it, then maybe this isn't for you.

Just realize that with the Audigy Platinum you're getting every input/output you could ever want right there on the front of your computer ready to go.

I have a audigy platinum, and still loving it. Gotta love those voice change. And the thing I bought it because I want the front headphone jack. As a music major, it's great to have it.

Back