• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is the most recent updates that I have made to my system. I picked up a pair of Magnepan 20.7 speakers. I found that my emotiva XSP-1 preamp was a bit dry with them on the XPR-1's. So I picked up a Conrad Johnson 17LS2 tube preamp to liven it up a bit. I have to say that it was the best money ever spent. It really brings the 20.7's alive. I upgraded my old 70" 4k to a LG 86" 4k. They really don't make any stands for these, so I made one myself from poplar and granite. I designed it to fit the depth of the XPR-1's. I added some blackout curtains for room treatment. I have a Marty cube sub enclosure coming soon, have a good amp for it, and will have that added to the system soon. I think that I am nearing the forever system that I have always dreamed of. I wish that I had more room in my current home, because I have enough amps and ribbon Maggie's to do a 5.1 setup of them. Maybe one of these days.

Man, I would love to pick up some XPR-1's some day. My XPA-1's already stuff the cabinet fully, though. Not sure I'll ever fork out the money for Legacy i-V amps.

My collection. Everything works as it should.

MS1 from the top down:
Audiosource EQ Eight Series 2
Fisher RS2007 Receiver (Full recap with leds)
Marantz PM 500 DC (Full recap)
Marantz 1122 DC (Partial recap)
Dynaco ST150 (Full recap)

MS2 from top down:
Realistic STA-2200 Receiver (All original untouched)
JVC JR-S300 MK II (Partial recap with leds)
JVC CD S200 Deck (All original)
Fisher CA800 (Full recap)
CR 125 Deck
FM 800 Tuner
Fisher BA6000 amp (Full recap)

Not shown:
Speakers:
Mission M71 set
Boston T830 set
Polk Monitor 10B set (modded with SDA-2B cross-overs)
Carver MXR-2000 Receiver (All original)

Acoustic Research S112PS Sub
Acoustic Research AR-215PS Bookshelf set

Attachments

• MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13
  • MS2.jpg
    MS2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
It all starts here....

View attachment 265129

then gets sent to here...

View attachment 265130
and finally upsets the neighbors here :D

View attachment 265131

A dark shot of my amp.

View attachment 265132

Ah, the Yaqin MC10T. That was the where my audio journey and addiction to tube sound started. No longer running tube in my main system though rather a JFET class A pre and 15WPC VFET single ended class A power amp paired with some massive 103db sensitive 55cm x 60cm x 175cm bass reflex speakers using Lii Song Platinum-10 drivers. The source is absolutely critical to achieving nice sound with such a transparent sound chain. :)

I’ve many fond memories running my old Yaqin amp, recapping it and changing the volume pot. Good fun and rewarding. :)

Back