• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

audio software to control jack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adhoc

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any software that can force audio to output through the jack even if the computer does not detect anything plugged in.

Thanks

Windows Control Panel >
Hardware and Sound
or
Sounds and Audio Devices

controls audio output.

thanks!

Already tried it, it only lists the integrated speaker as the sole sound device

Let's maybe start by posting which sound card / which device you are trying to get the sound to come out of?

Is that device listed in the Device Manager? Is this WIndows 7 we are talking about or maybe WinXP?

Thanks again!

It's a vaio laptop w/ windows 7, from what I can ascertain from device manager it's a Realtek sound card and I'm trying to get the sound to go to external speakers through the audio out jack. I only see this output with both nothing plugged in and headphones plugged in. Headphones work, but aux cables do not, I have tried with 2 different (working) speakers and two separate aux cables.

On my desktop, if I put the headphones into sound card's audio out, I can hear sound. If I put the speakers in there, that works too.

I guess you need to make sure the same speakers can work on another system. If you can hear sound on headphones then exact same out should also work when you connect speakers.

Thank you!

The speakers were working that's why this problem is just so odd to me. Headphones seem to flip it to the jack but all aux cables don't. Is there any software out there that can just force the audio out?

Are the speakers are working when you connect them to another system? Do you have access to another set of speakers just to test to see if your laptop can work with them?

If the same 3.5mm headphone connector is also on the speaker connector, then they should work the same.

As far as software, your official laptop web page for software downloads may have some kind of an audio software control center.

Thank you again

Yes the cables and speakers all check out, and I've tried multiple. This has to be the oddest problem I've ever encountered. It only seems to be able to detect headphones in the audio jack. I might just submit a support ticket for this.

Please post back what they said if someone else encounters the same problem and your thread gets hit by a Search engine.

Back