• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AudioEngine and AudioTrak audiophile quailty for computers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL...Your a funny guy...Shucks...We in the grand ole US of A, get stuff months after it is available in Asian country's...Dont know how much they pay for it but they get it way before we do.

We probably do get better prices...But the best stuff...Probably not...AudioEngine is probably an exception...The old "Made in the USA" just does not apply anymore...Gotta give AudioEngine props for trying to do it "their way".

I work in a computer store and I work with the importers so I know shipping charges are a "female dog" and me and few other guys form the UK speculate it the shipping charges that drive the speakers prices up.
While I was typing this I fired up my old Yamaha amp, the speakers I got hooked to it are garbage so I'm going to do some local speaker hunting once the car is out of the shop and I got some money.

Well Gentlemen’s I have before me my new Auidoengine 5’s that the friendly UPS man just dropped off.

Gottem hook up and just been listening to the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies

There is just no comparison to the Studiophile AV 40’s I have. These speakers are just fantastic!

They are twice the speaker the 40’s are and more than twice as much but IMHO well worth it.

They have a 24 -48 hour break in period according to the manual

Now the 40’s are a very nice speaker but if you can afford them the 5’s are the way to go

Currently I’m rocking the neighborhood with the windows open. Good thing everyone is at work

Still learning about the different rip speeds and the size of them and the opamps

Keep that good info coming

IMG_2655.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2656.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2657.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2658.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2659.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2660.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2661.jpg
[/IMG]

Well after reading this. I have not messed with my audio in a long time. Still running my Polk book shelves. How good are these? I have been thinking of replacing my emu card for a while. And i was actually going to upgrade my receiver. But what do these compare to? as far as component speakers and a receiver?

Well after reading this. I have not messed with my audio in a long time. Still running my Polk book shelves. How good are these? I have been thinking of replacing my emu card for a while. And i was actually going to upgrade my receiver. But what do these compare to? as far as component speakers and a receiver?

I cannot comment on the AudioEngine 5's...But the 2's are very nice...I will be buying a pair of the 5's this week.

If you read the reviews of the AudioEngine 5's to say everybody was impressed would be an understatement.

Paired with the AudioTrak HD2 I would think if you do not care about gaming "sound" on your computer and your set-up is music oriniated this combination would be better than most HTB's and possibly lower end recievers and book shelf speakers.

Nice compact setup...No reciever hanging around your desktop...And it would seem very good audio quality.

I will know first hand soon.

Audio Engine 5s are powered studio monitors...theyll offer a more flat, precise sound than what youd find in a consumer bookshelf.

Man...What a difference a sound card makes.

I sold the Chaintech 710 out of my box and have been listening to the AudioEngine 2's with the onboard sound.

I thought I had an old Audigy card and finally found it today (I have way to many computer parts)

Anyway installed it and whew!!!! I am sold for sure now...Will be ordering the AudioTrak HD2 tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Man these speakers are just SWEET !!!!!!

I should be finished with 2 high dollar builds by mid-week and here I come AudioEngine 5's !!!!!!

Dang !!!!! Just got off the phone with John at floridamusic and the AudioTrak Prodigy HD2 is back ordered from the factory till the middle of May.

Directron still does not have the M-Audio 5.1...Geezzz...Guess I will go buy a X-Fi Extreme Music to tide me over until the Prodigy becomes available.

Well back to the salt mines.

Dang !!!!! Just got off the phone with John at floridamusic and the AudioTrak Prodigy HD2 is back ordered from the factory till the middle of May.

Directron still does not have the M-Audio 5.1...Geezzz...Guess I will go buy a X-Fi Extreme Music to tide me over until the Prodigy becomes available.

Well back to the salt mines.
What about an EMU0404?

Tell you what jrank001...Let me buy your AudioTrak (lucky dog) and I will provide you with all the information you want.

LOL...Just messin witcha...Here is a thread that goes into detail on what op amps other people are using.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/installing-new-opamps-prodigy-hd2-301983/

I am going to PM a couple of those guys and try to get a little bit more information...Sounds like there is another forum that goes into great detail on how to setup the AudioTrak Prodigy HD2.

The link that I linked to too provided by Sir Barton should be the place to order the op amps...I am kinda busy right now...But ordering up some op amps from National Semiconducter is on my to do list.

Should have ordered the AudioTrak weeks ago when Sir Barton hipped me to it...:bang head

Now I am scramblin around trying to find another Chaintech AV710...These people are supposed to have them.

http://store.allmemoryupgrades.com/scchaintechav710.html

:burn:

Hookem I have an X-fi Extream Misic I want to sell LOL.... no seriously I do it's the OEM version.

Used it for about seven days utill I read about the Auidoengine speaks and the HD2 thanks to you.

My plan is having my computer as my sound system and I want it to sound the best it can so what ever I need to do that I will.

Keep in touch with Florida Music Co. as theyre the cheapest resellers of the HD2 that Ive found in the States. I checked eBay for you last night Hookem but them folks want $100+ for them. On another note...where can I find an AV-710 these days? Im in need for the HTPC.

Keep in touch with Florida Music Co. as theyre the cheapest resellers of the HD2 that Ive found in the States. I checked eBay for you last night Hookem but them folks want $100+ for them. On another note...where can I find an AV-710 these days? Im in need for the HTPC.

allmemoryupgrad list them...I called them and left my number but they did not call me back...Dont like that...But I am going to try and order one anyway.

They say it is in stock and ready for next day delivery.

http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...6dec477f928&l=&s=2W5kjwLDrL_9alVVmT0iNRz40Hw-

I'm gonna give em a whirl and see what happens...Head-Fi has a review of them that gives you a easy mod that is supposed to really pump up the jam as far as stereo output.

LOL...Sellers remorse...Should have keep my AV710 until I had my hands on the AudioTrak...I am a right now kinda guy for some reason...Guess that is why I buy everything I can from Directron even when I can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Hookem I have an X-fi Extream Misic I want to sell LOL.... no seriously I do it's the OEM version.

Used it for about seven days utill I read about the Auidoengine speaks and the HD2 thanks to you.

My plan is having my computer as my sound system and I want it to sound the best it can so what ever I need to do that I will.

Edit*
No trading/selling outside the classifieds.
S-N, Forum Staff

Once again props to Lodrin and Sir Barton for coming up with these two pieces...Without them I would still be listening to ProMedia's with the AV710.

:soda:

Last edited by a moderator:
They say it is in stock and ready for next day delivery.

http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...6dec477f928&l=&s=2W5kjwLDrL_9alVVmT0iNRz40Hw-

I'm gonna give em a whirl and see what happens...Head-Fi has a review of them that gives you a easy mod that is supposed to really pump up the jam as far as stereo output.

LOL...Sellers remorse...Should have keep my AV710 until I had my hands on the AudioTrak...I am a right now kinda guy for some reason...Guess that is why I buy everything I can from Directron even when I can get it cheaper somewhere else.

I came close to buying an AV-710 several times in the past, and am now kicking myself because I didnt. Now people charge a premium for them. I wonder what the next cheap audio gem will be? Maybe I will spring for another HD2 for my HTPC when theyre back in stock.

Back