• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AudioG.exe, win7, gigabyte UD5p HD sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppe1700

Is anyone else having issues with AudioG.exe? I did a search on here and it found zero results. Both of my machines have issues where audiog.exe will use 100% of one cpu core. If it doesnt then it sits around 25mb of ram and can lock up IE8. When IE8 goes into "not responding" I simply end process on audiog.exe and everything responds again immediately.

My mums PC is also having the same issue with her quad core PC, although she has a different sound card. I ended the process and IE began working propperly again.

I'm trying to fix this issue, because now for some reason my PC seems to blue screen and reboot but it does not display the blue screen at all. The "fixes" I found through google didn't make much difference to me. And since telling the PC not to reboot when it blue screens it hasn't actually done it any more, but the IE8 not responding issue is there. I'm sure it's getting worse!

its a driver issue I had the same probs with my realtek whenever I installed the drivers from windows update accept I wasn't able to close it nor even restart or shut down I had to hold down the power button till my pc finally would turn off.

Gigabyte have released an updated driver which I installed yesterday - no problems so far.
My mothers PC is also having a similar issue. Will be looking for new drivers for that too..
PITA

Just wanted to update on this, the issues did come back.. I found I had to go into the Gigabyte / Realtek sound manager and "disable effects" on the analogue sound output. I also had to disable "listen to device" on the stereo sound input. I use this for running XBOX 360 through my decent PC monitor and sound through my systems 5.1 sound system.. Obviously if I forget to do the above and visit youtube this is when the problems really start - when the computer tries to load some kind of java / flash with sound.
Gigabyte have also released some new drivers which I have installed two days ago. I havent run through any checks though, as now I am used to turning the options off after using the XBOX.

Back