• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVC DS08025 P195 VS AVC DS08025 P158

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JD100

Hello,
first sorry of my bad english. I hope i can explain my problem.

i have a question about my cooling Fan and the one i bought

My Cooling Fan is:
AVC DS08025 P195 and has 1VVH1:A00

I bought a new one(actually the seller says it new. But its not and its spinning on 100% all the time)
AVC DS08025 P158 and has TJ5T2:A00

The seller is claiming they are diffrent. And saying that they dont match with the one i have in my pc.

I couldnt find any diffrent between these two fans. All 4 pins are the same. Color of wires are same and on correct position. Even on other pages where these fans are sold are making no diffrance between them.

For example:
Fan_PN.jpg

what do u think?
Thank you for Answering my question

What is the application for the fan? Are you running it in a server or a factory made desktop computer (what is the make and model)? Or is the computer a custom built desktop? How was the speed of the original fan supposed to be controlled? Did the speed respond to the temperature of the motherboard or the CPU or the air temperature inside the computer case? Some fans, especially those found on factory built computers, have a "thermister" built into them that controls the speed based on air temperature. If the thermister is bad it will run at full speed. Alternatively, many factor built computers will have a separate air temperature sensor that plugs into the motherboard and sends signals through the motherboard to the fan. If that air temp sensor is bad or missing the fan may run at full speed. It's a four pin fan which would suggest the speed of the fan is controlled by temperature sensors in some other component.

In your picture of the used fan, it shows 12 volts and .75 amps. Are those the same numbers as the original fan?

These adapters can help: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pin-Compu...834225&hash=item3d4b213eee:g:404AAOSwGNtZyApa. You can hook two of them together to reduce the speed of the fan even more.

What happened to the original fan you are replacing? Did the bearings go bad?

The fact that the the model numbers of the two fans are not quite the same could very well indicate they are different in some way such as the amount of amperage they draw. A higher amperage fan will be more powerful and noisier. Or the different model number could indicate some subtle design change such as the pitch of t he blades.

Last edited:
Sorry if i can not answer all your questions. But i tried to give all info you need.

ok, my Pc is a dell 3847 Desktop pc. I have purchased it from DELL. And this is the fan i m talking about.
IMG_20190320_143157.jpg

As u can see they r both the same in my opinion. I have no regulation of the speed in bios. My old fan was making noises like if it is stopping or hanging for a second. So i decided to buy a new one. When i plugged the new fan, that i purchased, I got error "CPU FAN FAILUR" on screen and the fan was turning on very high speed with loud noise. I just wanted to replace it with a new one.

As i plugged my old Fan again there is no "CPU FAN FAILUR". Pc starts as normal. But the old problem is there again.

I think that both cooling-Fans in Pic r the same without any diffrence, because the Modelnumber is absolute the same. I also posted a pic before from some other websites where they sell these Fans. And there u can see that all have diffrent P/Ns but r the same Model. So it must function without any problems. right? Pls refer to the red markings of the pic before.

I dont want to buy any wirings to slow down the Fan or make any experiments. I have found a Pdf file On internet from AVC. there is only one Model without any variations. So i think the seller is scamming me. Because he sold me a old used Fan as Brand New one which is faulty.

In this forum there r experts who have knowledge about cooling-fans. So my only question is.
Is this the same fan?

You would think if the fans were exactly the same then they would also have the same part number. Nonetheless, if is possible the used fan you purchased has a problem. Is this the fan that cools the CPU radiator?

yes it is the original fan from DELL company.
Yes this Fan cools the CPU (it is mounted on top of the cpu in original)
I can clearly see that my old Fan and the new one have exactly the same Model Number. SO it should work without problems right?
I think that the numbers behind the Model Number like P195 or P158 doesnt matter at all. Also not 1VVH1:A00 or TJ5T2:A00 doesnt matters right? these r just P/N numbers!

I don't know that I can agree with your conclusion that those numbers that are different don't matter and that the fans are exactly the same. Yes, those numbers being different could matter. Why would exactly the same part have different part numbers with Dell? This is why I never buy factory made computers. They are so proprietary. Every little component is non standard. After a few years the company stops making them and you may not be able to find what you need.

DELL didnt change the PN number of that fan. The Manufacturer of the Fan made it.

ok i try to explain my opinion of P/N

imagine u have a factory who bulids cpu-fans. A company buys from u 10000 fans. U mark this series with a PN Number with PN 100 (this is your production number)

Some years later the same company needs some 10000 more for his production. This time u give for the new production a new PN 101 for this batch.

Why do u do that?

because if u do somthing wrong at producing the new series and something goes wrong at production u can change only those faulty PN 101 ones right?

otherwise u will never know which of your customers have the faulty ones and which not, And you dont need to replace whole manufactured ones (eg PN 100) which r not faulty. And loose tousands of $ !

Does this make sens?

On other Hand if changes has been Made for this Model so u change the Model Number to seperate them from each other. U need always a unique Key for identification of products.

I was hoping that some experts in this Forum would answer my question.

But thank you for your Help. i m thankfull

Your explanation about the fan part numbers certainly is plausible but if that is the way it actually is then it is also possible that you purchased the earlier one that was from the bad production batch and which was replaced by the one that came with your computer.

And even though the model number is the same there could have been small changes to the design that resulted in the different part number. A flaw might have been corrected. What I am saying is that I'm not sure you have an irrefutable reason to expect the seller to honor your request for a refund. I'm assuming that is where you are headed with all this.

No, I'm not an expert on fans. I'm not sure we have anyone on the forum who occupies that niche but we have a lot of people with a good amount of experience with fans. Don't worry. I'm not insulted by your "expert" comments and I appreciate your expressing thankfulness. I am a general practitioner when it comes to computer components, not an expert.

i see this thread is going to philosophy now ;)

ok, lets assume this is correct:

And even though the model number is the same there could have been small changes to the design that resulted in the different part number. A flaw might have been corrected.

than why would the correction would result to :
"CPU FAN FAILUR" and spinning at 100% with very loud noise?

my opinion is : a correction would or should eliminate the minor problems and not getting more worse

correct? :thup:

By the way here is the pdf file of AVC Products. This cooling fan is on page 71
http://static6.arrow.com/aropdfconversion/cb9055d99b6b40a8e7156b35c7b314945a0afa09/fan_catalogue.pdf

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

ok, i have overseen something of your writing. Sorry

then it is also possible that you purchased the earlier one that was from the bad production batch and which was replaced by the one that came with your computer.

The fan you bought is a defective specimen. There is no need to speculate on design changes. Just normal variation, and your new fan failed.

That said, your spec sheet from the original fan in the OP shows a PWM plug. You would expect a PWM fan to run only when it is needed. Maybe this fan normally shows hesitation when it goes from subthreshold to over threshold. So perhaps there is nothing wrong with the original fan.

One question: from the part number one would expect an 80mm fan. True?

Yes ehume thats true.
The fan has 80x80x25 milimeters and is a PWM CPU Cooling Fan. I was sure that the new Fan is defective.
The seller has desribed on his website that this fan is a brand new.
But if u look on the plug and all other scratches on the fan u can clearly see that this is an old and used and a defective cooling fan. But he is still trying to convince me that the PN (production numebr) dosnt match thats why i have problems with it.:D

here is the pic of the plug (of the alleged BRAND NEW Cooling fan)
FanfromAliexpress.jpg

Thank you ehume

Was this an ebay purchase? If so, you certainly have grounds for a refund.

Last edited:
What country are you writing from? How much did the new fan cost? How much did shipping cost?

How old is that machine? A PWM fan would be expected to ramp up only when demand is high. Maybe after a cleaning it will work OK.

80mm fans should be cheap. Dell has proprietary controls -- you just cannot replace a PWM fan and expect it will work like a Dell original. That P195 in your original may specify controls which differ greatly from a P195. IOW the seller may be correct.

You can either argue with the seller or buy a replacement fan. You could get a fixed-speed 80mm fan. You could try to find the exact replacement for your old fan. Understand, though, that most fans have been harvested from used equipment. I say "most" because you can buy new -- a replacement from Dell. You will also pay Dell prices.

Good luck with your project. And I hope you will build your own machine next time you need one. The advantage there will be that all the parts are standard. That's why I quit using Dell -- about 10 years ago.

Dell may or may not still have that OEM fan in stock. Looks like an Ivybridge generation computer. But I agree with you, ehume. The most economical way to go would be to got with an 80x25 standard 3 or 4 pin fan. The OEM fan was pulling .5 amps so under load it would push quite a bit of air. The OP may not be able to find a fan that stout running at a constant speed without being loud. That would be the only caveat. Of course, OP could invest in a fans speed controller but then you're adding in more bucks.

Back