• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Avexir Blitz 1..1 2x4Gb 2133Mhz + ASRock P67 Extreme 4 - problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_fiber_

Hello,

I have bought: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-070-AR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387 (rest of HW: 2500k @4.5Ghz, ASRock P67 Extreme4), After setting up memory to my motherboard pc try to run three times and after that system runs with information in BIOS that there's failure ram setting loading - and it's loads at 1600Mhz ...

i have tried this things:
- set up default XMP settings - no changes
- putted up all settings manually - no changes
- added more V to the Cpu (vtt and vtto)
- upgraded BIOS to 2.10 - no changes

It's looks like there's a problem in the BIOS settings.

Any idea what's going on ?

Thank You in advanced.

With the 2 x 4GB modules installed in DIMM slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4, reset CMOS, then boot into the BIOS and load optimized defaults. Save and exit, then re-enter the BIOS and enable the DDR3-2133 XMP profile. Don't overclock until after a successful POST, and you're able to boot into the OS at DDR3-2133. Besides enabling the XMP profile, only change those options absolutely necessary for a successful POST and boot into the OS.

Okey, when i will be in home i will try to do it on exactly order - anyway what do You mean by optimized defaults ? it's the basic deflaut settings loaded after any single CMOS reset ?

2133 clock on P67 boards is not guaranteed especially with new XMP 1.3 modules. I would recommend to set everything manually like 2133 11-11-11-28 1.65V Command Rate 2N and when you make it work then set tighter timings like 9-11-10 ... when it will be stable then check lower voltage.
Also add +0.1V to VTT and VCCIO.

Cool, thank You very much for the help !
I will try to do everything You mentioned and after that i will post some update.

Thanks one more time !

Edit: Anyway - when i will try to comeback to my CPU settings (which is right now @4.5Ghz) after changig ram for above i need to set up some settings in the BIOS on different way comparing to the actual settings (the VCCIO and VVTT it's obvious) ?

CPU settings are almost not affecting memory clock so I think that 4.5GHz will work like before without additional changes.

ok, get it - so what's the point of clearing cmos after updating BIOS ?

Different BIOS versions can have slightly different settings that are not working on older versions. There are also newer CPU microcodes etc. In most cases after BIOS update, flasher is automatically clearing CMOS to avoid any issues.
When you have BIOS with profiles then you have to save them to flash drive or you will lose them too.

So i uderstood that if you're updating bios you will have default settings and cleared CMOS after that yes ? Soo.. what's the issue with doing this once again ?

You sometimes have to clear CMOS when BIOS has some issues to run at optimized settings. Usually easier is to clear CMOS than check all options to find the one which is causing issues.

ok, get it. but after updating i should have default options and it's still the same ;)

Check if 1866 at tighter timings is working. Effective performance should be similar. I mean like 1866 8-10-10 , 9-10-10, 9-10-9 etc. As I said it's not guaranteed that 2133 will work on P67 and actually everything above 1600 is marked as overclocking so even motherboard manufacturer won't guarantee that.

Back