• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ax1200i owners or people in the know

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djc1988

Registered
Noticed in quiet mode were the fan does not start up until 35/40% theres a clicking/knocking sound coming from the fan/PSU every 10 seconds or there abouts. The fan twitches asif it was going to turn on then doesn't Its a very annoying sound in a quiet water cooled build but i dont know if its a fault or not?

Either the control is miscalibrated (unlikely given that it's digital) or the fan bearings are a little tight. If it's under warranty, time to call tech support.

Either the control is miscalibrated (unlikely given that it's digital) or the fan bearings are a little tight. If it's under warranty, time to call tech support.

Yeah i dont think its the bearings as when the fan is spinning the noise disapears, it just trys to start when its not needed. Read in corsair forums this is normal for there PWM fan setup :S either way i dont remember noticing it 3 weeks ago when it was new

Back