• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backplate 1155/1156 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Laoag24

Today I laughed at myself.

Figures that the Intel socket that comes with my noctua nh-d14 that I bought back in 2010 only says this. Doesnt say anything about 1155. I recently purchased an 1155 system and the nh-d14 bracket says 1156. Would it work?

Lol before I bought my 1155 system I visited newegg and browse the nh-d14 that I bought before if it would be compatible. And it says it does 1155. Probably because they upgrade the mounting?

I hope you guys do understand what I mean :D. Would the 1156 bracket on my nh-d14 work with my 1155?

Any advise are appreciated

Edit:

Woah lucky lucky xD

If you guys take a look at this video on youtube. If you skip at where he install the noctua-nhd14. Pause at where the backplate is and he is saying supports 1155 but the backplate says only 1366/1156/755. He installed with an i7-2600k. Does this mean the 1156 backplate socket that I currently have will work with the 1155? I guess? no? :p

Also, why does he install his nh-d14 upwards? Because of 1155 socket? Back in my am3 I installed it sidewards. Does it matter? Intel=upward AMD=Sideward? Either way? Which angle is better? I have an airflow of side+front= air in. top+back= air out.

Last edited:
I can't guarantee it because I've never seen anything that says it's supposed to, but from what I've seen all 1156 coolers also fit 1155. I've done several and they all worked. I don't know if this is by design or not, but I'd bet money that it'll fit.

1156 and 1155 have the exact same hole spacing. So any 1156 cooler will work with 1155.

Atleast intel did something right when the switched sockets.

Yep, Intel kept the same mounting pattern and spacing when they went from 1156 to 1155. So anything that says it will mount on 1156 will mount to 1155 too. Also, Noctua is very good about giving free mount upgrades to people that bought their heatsink at retial and have the sales invoice.

Back