• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bargain CPU joy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know what frosts me is how AMD has kept turning out Denebs but they cut us off from the higher end and more potent Thubans which came after the Denebs in production history. Wouldn't it be great if we could get Thubans for prices like we're seeing now for the Denebs and their variations like you reference, Daveburt. Don't get me wrong, I know that it was a marketing strategy to prop up BD sales but still . . .

Yepp... I get the feeling the last of the Denebs will be around longer than the last of the Thubans.

If you can find them there are still some good deals on the X6's though.
$90 for a 1045T is a great deal too! I doubt they'll last long though... :(
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...45T_27GHz_Six_Core_Socket_AM3_Boxed_Processor
It's a locked multi chip, but with a good mobo you can probably still get close to 4ghz.

BD is less than what I was hoping for, but OC headroom and the MUCH improved mem controller at least keeps it competative with Thubans...

I'm an AMD junkie :D and I'll be 1st in line for Vishera (8350)...
Even if it's only a 10-15% boost I need a new toy! :cool:

Back