• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barrow quality?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

As I've been shopping for pieces for my new w/c build I've seen Barrow but I'm not familiar with it. The prices seem excellent compared to the regular brands like ek and Bitspower and the pieces look good but without personal experience I am a little hesitant to buy any at this point. I did find a pretty long thread on another site with overall positive reviews which is good too. Any one here use any of their pieces, primarily the fittings? What do you think?

I have seen one person here recommend them, but most people here are using the more established brands (bitspower, EK, corsair which is bitspower). Bitspower is considered the best in the industry. My thinking is this, your fittings are the weak link of your system, if something is going to fail and cause a leak it will be a fitting. Do you want good enough or best for this critical role?

i have both barrow and bitspower for my hardline fittings. on regular fittings they feel the same but on swivel fittings the barrow feel a lot looser i prefer the bitspower when it comes to anything with a swivel.

Thanks for the replies. Most of my older fittings are ek and bitspower and I agree, to go cheap on something like fittings seems bad to me. That said however, as much as they are recommended elsewhere I ordered a couple to "feel them out". If they feel crap I will replace them with bitspower before running them in a system.

My fittings came in today, two 45* dual rotary and a 3 way 180* bend. So far they feel real tight, tighter than the old ek 45* I had leftover from an old build actually. Outside looks no different than the ek or Bitspower but the inside looks different. The 45* has a noticeable edge at the joint instead of the rounded edges the ek and bitspower have. I don't mean the edges aren't even, I mean an actual ledge in the fitting that looks like it is part of the design. It seems like that could cause the liquid to flow less freely. I'll still give them a shot though.

I use Monsoon for the tubing and whatever for the elbows. I have had very good luck with Monsoon both for soft and hard tubes.

I agree. I use Monsoon for my compression fittings and they are great. Killer customer service too.

I have a couple random borrow fittings. Never had them leak, and no noticeable difference in performance. I could throw some more in and see if there's any data changes sometime if you want. That's the advantage to having a rig designed to test!

Back