• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ AQZEA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If using MBM5, set one of the temp sensors to read the diode. Then you will get very accurate temps (by motherboard standards) that you can view while heating up the cpu with prime95.
I haven't seen anyone test the AQZEA, so it be interesting to see what you could get with a sk/slk HSF and extra voltage.

I clocked it down to a 3000+ for now.
I'll look for one of those cheap SLK7 coolers. I have a feeling that this baby could go way higher since it'S runing at 3200 at stock vcore (not prime but it could be the heat that stopped it maybe since gaming and 3dmarking didn't crash it)

Thanks for your advice guys.

EDIT: So the SK-7 is capable of cooling this barton well?
I could get one for 28 euro without fan.
I need a 80mm fan then right or can i mount 92mm?
Do all 80 mms fit and how much RPM should it have?

SK-7 would likly be better than wha tyou have and you could get a 92mm one on there though it is better to use an 80mm since that is what it is designed for... the SLK-900u can be used with a 92mm fan though.
http://www.thermalright.com/
at the bottom is the where to buy, it lists some of the internation sellers and some of the US ones.

I just read that the SLK900 is not fitting on my asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2.0.
How is it witht he other thermalright ones?
I think i'll use my actual cooler for now. It's so quiet that i only hear the ATI fan and the PSU fans.
If i need more power someday i still can put one of these on (if they fit :) ) and clock it up.

I am thinking about watercooling for quite some time too now so maybe i'll go straight to that when i upgrade my cooling since it's silent and effective. (but expensive)

Last edited:
mustrum said:
I just read that the SLK900 is not fitting on my asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2.0.
How is it witht he other thermalright ones?
I think i'll use my actual cooler for now. It's so quiet that i only hear the ATI fan and the PSU fans.
If i need more power someday i still can put one of these on (if they fit :) ) and clock it up.

I am thinking about watercooling for quite some time too now so maybe i'll go straight to that when i upgrade my cooling since it's silent and effective. (but expensive)

If you have a look on their website the SLK800 will prolly fit, or maybe jus the SK-7. But if you are gonna go watercooling save up:D

Just purchased a SLK 947u and a smartfan 2 for my a7n8x dlx, close fit but it works. Getting 44/52 now at 1.8 vcore. ( barton 2500 ) running it at like 13.5 x 186 ( my ram sucks ). Even have the case closed. Fan isnt too loud at full blast and can easily be turned down if it bothers you and still cools pretty well.

I just checked some reviews. The SLK900 is cooling only 3 to 4 degrees better than my copper silent 2 TC but with twice the noise level. Not worth the upgrade to me.
I cranked it up to XP3200+ again. Somehow i can't see a difference between 3000 and 3200 (or only very minimal).
I think my thermal paste is just running at full effectivity now since it's idling at 41 to 45 at 200x11 now wich is quite good i think. It didn't at the day i built the system. (Ok it's not that hot in here anymore too... :) )

Checked watercooling and the cheap ones suck it seems. 170 euros are a slap into my face tho. =)
Thinking about buying a good CPU block and radiator and make build up the rest for myself to keep it cheap.
The CPU didn't crash on me yet still and t's running all the time (not idling. Was encoding divx and gaming).

Back