• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Base Temp Checks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

howdoi

Registered
View attachment 211272

are these temps 'normal'.

- nothing is tuned/OC'd
- normal work apps open (MS Office)(Excel)(PP)(Word)(Outlook)
- ToS (Think or Swim app)

I ran Furmark tests and the GPU never got above 64 degrees
I ran Prime95 for 10 minutes and the CPU topped out at 72 degrees (but some of the CCDs got to 88 degrees)

are these also ok?

Will you kindly create a signature listing all your hardware and cooling? Hard to tell what 'normal' is without any information outside of running a 3900X. :)

Temps seem fine, but delete Furmark and don't use it. :)

3900x
RTX 2080 Super
G. Skill Ripjaw V 2x16
EK Velocity CPU Block
EVGA Hydro Copper GPU Block
1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0
2TB Sabrent Q 3.0
EK DDC 3.2
4x Noctua 120x15mm
AphaCool SE30

howdoi, thanks for the component list but we need you to create an actual Signature with that information. What's in the Sig will show automatically with every post and that can be very helpful to those trying to help you, especially if the thread gets long.

To create a signature, click on "Settings" at the top of the page and scroll down the left side until you find "Edit Signature".

From what testing results you have shared your temps are acceptable. But running 10 minuets of Prime is not enough to achieve max temps. Try 30 minutes. We would also suggest using HWInfo64 to monitor temps and voltages.

If you want to test your GPU temps I suggest using the Superposition benchmark or 3DMark Time Spy.

Back