• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman Arkham Knight - frame drops . Ram or HDD issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the hard disk is not working hard or at all it could be the game. Do other people complain about the same thing fps drop 45-50s. Can you run the game in windows mode so you can look at the CPU usage.

I would format the drive and reinstall the OS and games. and rule out hardware.

A SSD wont help. I would bet money on it.

It's probably a hiccup with a direct x or some other software component that is being used during this driving portion of the game. Easiest way to diagnose something like that is to do a clean install of everything since you will have a very difficult time narrowing it much further and it will probably take longer anyway.

Yes hard disk is not working. And still almost always on the same places in game fps dropping and gpu usage is dropping when i am turning fast in batmobile. So it can be just a game?

If the hard disk is not working hard or at all it could be the game. Do other people complain about the same thing fps drop 45-50s. Can you run the game in windows mode so you can look at the CPU usage.

Aaaahhhhh! Don't prompt him to repeat info he has already given us :)

He already mentioned that it doesn't happen to others as demonstrated by their YouTube videos.

Yes it doesnt happen to others with the same GPU , CPU , RAM but with SSD from what i saw in youtube videos.
But my disk is not working. So i am dunno now what could it be.

For giggles... have MSI afterburner running while you are playing the game. When the hitching starts to happen, take a screenshot of the MSI Afterburner graph which shows the total memory used for the GPU. I highly doubt that is it, but, its worth a try.

At this point, Im thinking that you may actually need to reinstall the game (first), and perhaps try reinstalling windows if that doesn't do it.

Its like 2 sew's in one...

Aaaahhhhh! Don't prompt him to repeat info he has already given us :)

He already mentioned that it doesn't happen to others as demonstrated by their YouTube videos.

I have not seen the videos where are they? this is so much fun trying to help him, it's just my frame of mind I'm in LOL.

I have had so much of this kind of trouble pinching my penny saving on hardware and also have had software truble.

Last edited:
Its video's he has seen on YT... no idea. We haven't seen them, we are just taking his word for it..... which may be a bad idea.

Sew - how about you link up these videos please...

1:38 sec. 72 fps when i get drop to 55s.

1:57 sec 74 fps when i get drop to 58s.

I am talking about this places in game exactly. Hes card is 980 Ti , 16gb ram, SSD, 6700k.
But other users have the same fps in that places when me not.

Does that system match yours exactly? I can tell right off the bat it doesn't as it is using a Skylake CPU...

I just thing this is an apples to oranges thing now....

What is funny is that I am seeing drops on his to the 50s as well.........look at ~1:20 in the video.....

Also, sew, can youplease create a signature with all your hardware please? I have asked that almost a dozen times in your threads and you still haven't bothered to do so...

But this drops he get is with much smoke on screen. On my pc fps are not dropping with smoke. But dropping in the places which i suggest.

So what if it is in different spots... there is different action on the screen!!! The point is, even with a more powerful CPU, and I am assuming he has a 980 Ti as well and you are running t 2560x1440 (right?), there are the SAME EXACT DIPS YOU ARE SEEING JUST IN DIFFERENT SPOTS.

Create that signature ASAP please... :)

he is running on 2560 i am on 1920 1080 , Earthdog
So why do you think that is remotely a valid comparison???!!!!!!! It's not!!!!! Where is the video with the exact same specs?

Again, please create a signature before your next post...We DO NOT KNOW YOUR SPECS!!!!

I cant see where the FPS is showing in the video, sorry for asking?
Upper right hand corner...

My fps on that 2 spots are lower , even with my lower res than him. That is weird why.

Now that I see what you are complaining about in the video I would like to see your video and hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back