• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman Arkham Knight - frame drops . Ram or HDD issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that some user have the same dip to 55-58 fps on the same spot in game:

3:30 second , 58 fps................ also he have Skylake 6700k, 980 ti , 16gb ram, and SSD

So i doubt now that SSD will help , but who knows :) ?

The SSD will not help the FPS drop. I have looked at all the videos and this last one had a performance patch that the author of the video said it did not help. sew have you tried the performance patch maybe the FPS will go up from 46 FPS to 58 FPS.

Last edited:
wingman my game is updated to the latest . Its from steam.

But like i said , my gpu usage is dropping ( and fps too ) from 66% to 44% always on the same spot in game when i riding fast in batmobile.
So its not a HDD issue?

But why other user dont have that gpu usage drop but me?

No you don't have a hard drive problem. When you play a game the FPS drop and rise is random because the objects in the graphics being rendered are moving and objects are clustered in different places so you have to do a bench test so that the graphic and motion are in the exactly the same place every time, like when you play it is done your way so you have different results then everyone else, that is what makes winners also losers in gaming and different FPS.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to explain ask.

Last edited:
Ahhh too much pages :) < 5 lol > Thx for any help and explanation. BUt there is a good side of adding 16gb ram. My disk now is very quiet during game:) I cant hear it now.

But i must ask sorry if i agan. Why on 2 spots my gpu usage is going down from 66% to 44% , where other user dont have that gpu usage in that places. Saw on youtube. :) Thx.

Hes gpu usage not drops:

4:31 second. 69 fps when i drop gpu usage to 44% and fps is 59 fps. Thx

Last edited:
I don't understand...46 FPS should still be playable?

I think the problem is that you don't have enough video RAM.

A 980 Ti has 6 GB of video RAM? 6 GB = 6144 MB.

In the last video you posted, the video memory usage is going over 6144 MB.

In the video before that one, the video memory was around 4100 MB.

When the video memory usage on the card goes over what's on the card, the system has to page that to regular system memory. Regular system memory is WAY slower than video memory.

The best way to drop video memory usage in game is to reduce anti-aliasing. In the beginning of the first video, he had it set to 16x anti-aliasing (I think). That's WAY higher than I ever run anti aliasing.

Try dropping to 8x or 4x...will use less video memory. I bet your problems go away.

[Edit]: I might have the video numbers messed up (this thread is WAY to long...and not a memory issue). The video with higher video memory usage over 6 GB has the larger FPS drop. The video with video memory usage under 6 GB drops much less.

Yes some games will read from the HDD a head of time before the game needs the data, if you have the maxim requirement of memory for the game. Now that you have 16GB of memory the game can run in memory not needing the HDD vary much so it is Quiet.

I have 8GB of memory Crysis 3 reads my HDD while playing and only uses about 2GB total of memory. BF4 starts with 4GB total after moving around it loads up to 5GB total approximately.

My ram usage is 6gb from 16gb. Video memory is 4,3 gb used. So usage its ok. But i am ask about gpu usage in 2 different spots in game.
My gpu usage is crippling down in 2 spots in game to 44% from 66% and fps are going from 70 fps to 58fps.

I dont notice this on this user video:

4:31 second. He have 69 fps when i drop gpu usage to 44% and fps is 59 fps. Thx . Why he dont have that gpu usage drops?

In the video you posted, the video memory usage stays under 4800 MB.

There is a hitch in the game (it's probably inefficient coding).

GPU usage dropping is not the card, it's the coding of the gaming engine.

Verify (show a screen shot) of your video memory usage when you get the FPS issue.

DO NOT ask the same question over and over without providing this information.

DO NOT.

Otherwise you are just wasting our time.

:) Ok. I was playing with GPUZ , gpuz showed 4-3, 4-4 gb gpu mem usage.

Is that when you drive the batmobile?

Yes when drive batmobile.

Also listen. Somebody from official batman forum said to me:"
However, it looks like his drops aren't as big as yours either way, so the HDD is definitely at least part of your problem. Trust me, it affects streaming performance in this game. It doesn't matter that you can't hear your drive speed up, because it is constantly working in this game while you're outside. This is simply how the game works."

Ok but during this drop i have gpu usage drop. So it cant be HDD issue.
On specific and always the same places in game i am getting the same GPU usage drops from 66% to 44% usage. Then framerate dropping from 70 fps to 50 fps for a second.
Gpu usage drops and its a HDD issue?

What you think guys? Gpu usage drops and its a HDD issue? I cant understand.

FPS would not be a Hard drive issue. If it was me I would not get a SSD. if I was you I would get a SSD.:D

Yeah man its a gpu usage problem on specific place in game, not hdd. I saw on gpu z that gpu usage is dropping to 44% for a second. So it cant be hdd?

Just for fun have you tried turning off the speed step power saving features of the CPU it's in your manual for your motherboard.

Last edited:
Wingman i dont tried turning of the speed step power saving. But i have found something and now i am almost sure that is game fault.

A guy with Gtx 970. Exact the same place spot in game, drop to 39 fps and gpu usage dropping.Sec 9:46 . SO it must be a game code issue not a hdd problem.

I think it's a matter of optimizing the energy flow through the flux capacitor and into the warp coil...:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back