• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield: 1942 - Road to Rome. Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is Road to Rome worth buying?

• Yes

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
What do you guys think?

Last I checked, $20 USD for 6 maps and some new vehicles isn't really worth it, imo.

I think I'll wait for a price drop :p

I know.. how about a poll

Do you think its fair that the UT group gets 4 stickies and Battlefield 1942 dosen't even get one??

I scream favortism..

GIVE THE BATTLEFIELD GROUP A STICKIE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO KEEP MAKING NEW DAMN TREADS!!

i voted for no because that sounds more or less like a downloadable patch which other publishers might offer to their customers

baqai said:
i voted for no because that sounds more or less like a downloadable patch which other publishers might offer to their customers

Eh, seems hard to vote if you haven't played it though.

I think 6 new maps is good, though they aren't the best maps....

Yeah, but 6 maps and a few new vehicles worth $20 USD ($30 CAD)? It sounds a tad steep for something that could be downloaded as a patch or a mod.

cash in now... anyways, poll was a good idea. if the maps are REALLY big i might grab it. should have been released just like coral sea etc. btw - we should get a clan going... those who haven't yet should check out Desert Combat, imho it kicks asz... they just released a patch for it today (for those that play it and didn't know). that mod is getting better all the time.

Lusankya said:

Do you think its fair that the UT group gets 4 stickies and Battlefield 1942 dosen't even get one??

I scream favortism..

GIVE THE BATTLEFIELD GROUP A STICKIE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO KEEP MAKING NEW DAMN TREADS!!

i agree. it's funny, they have 4-5 ut2k3 stickies. i thought the there was a point to putting a sticky up...? a lot of us play bf - i think we need a sticky - and a clan. poll?

This game is worth $20. The maps are pretty fun, especially Monte Cassino. The new vehicles are cool too.

Lusankya said:

I scream favortism..

They only sticky good games.

Although if it quits with all the new 1942 threads then good. Because everytime I see a 1942 thread I think now what is someone complaining about. Thier Sherman can't kill a Tiger and they don't know why?

ninthebin said:
I have just ordered it from amazon, but I wanted to get Age Of Mythologies...

what do you people think - that or AOM? :(

That's up to you, really. Do you want a few new BF1942 maps and vehicles, or do you want a Starcraft clone (that's not a hit on Starcraft)?

illwillchill said:
smells like an "expansion" like Allied Assault Spearhead, I have spearhead and it has more problems than the original :rolleyes:

Yeah, Spearhead was a major disappointment, which is why I'm not spending money on Road to Rome until I have played it first.

[off topic rant]
How long has EA been promising a patch for Spearhead? They can't even get sv_pure in a half workable condition. And their ineffective coding has resulted in ridiculous CPU usage on Spearhead dedicated servers, nearly doubling the price. Not to mention how Spearhead crashes way more than the orginal. And of course, they won't "support" MOHAA anymore :rolleyes:
[/off topic rant]

And that's why I'm not willing to waste my money on any expansion anymore, until I've played it. EA is not responsible with their games, and by buying them, it only encourages the same flawed pratices.

What's wrong with you "no" voters?? C'mon its BF for cryin out loud!
Of course its worth the bling, bling!!

Back