• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My guess is mid to low 30's average on ultra.
My 470 gets ~40-45fps average on ultra.

Although the game is very CPU dependent so an OC will help FPS quite a bit.

here it is barney style
BETA- not for marketing purposes, to find bugs, to help coders get the info they need, increases their test bed with millions of different PC configs

DEMO- final product is on the market, completely used for marketing, no testing purpose at all

here it is barney style
BETA- not for marketing purposes, to find bugs, to help coders get the info they need, increases their test bed with millions of different PC configs

DEMO- final product is on the market, completely used for marketing, no testing purpose at all

A demo contained about as much features as what betas have. I use past tense because when was the last time anyone has done one and called it that? Exactly. There are few if any post-release. With MMOs, you do get trials of the games.

Today's betas (especially open) are exactly the same. There is no formal submission or response to issues going on that I am aware of. People will post on the forums about issues throughout retail as well...doesn't mean they will get addressed. Crap in a beta, doesn't automagically mean it will not exist in retail. Pre-release demos are often just as stable/unstable.

It's the same. They are both designed to drum up awareness. They just call them betas now...since the label automatically makes anything/everything unstable or broken...more forgiving.

It doesnt seem to like my 4870x2, even at just 1680x1050 Im barely crackin 35fps outside...

Going to go on a road trip for a little bit. Will try it on the work laptop and see how it does.

i7 2630QM 2.0ghz
GT 540M / 1GB / 1600x900
6GB Ram
Crucial M4 128GB

I heard that Dice is really scrambling to get the 360 version working properly. But this is just a rumor I heard through the grapevine, although im sure Dice is working overtime.

doesnt surprise me as the pc version is barely stable with it using a webpage as the main menu

Going to go on a road trip for a little bit. Will try it on the work laptop and see how it does.

i7 2630QM 2.0ghz
GT 540M / 1GB / 1600x900
6GB Ram
Crucial M4 128GB

Who'd you have to sweet talk to get one of THOSE for work!? Jealous!!

I have had very little trouble with the 360 beta. I have been disconnected twice in 5 hours of play, some screen flickering and some terrain issues. Nothing huge or game breaking really. Maybe others are having more issues and I am just lucky.

I am still not sure how I feel about the new in game weapons menu. It seems kinda clunky and will take some time to get used to. I can't help feeling that it could have been simpler.

Back