• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the in game weapon selector is designed so you have full weapon customization without having to leave the battle like in just about every other FPS

I liked the customization window in BC2 a lot more, takes one key press (enter) to get there and you can setup squads, weapons, perks, etc all at once. and even better, when you are dead.

I wouldn't play on those servers. This is from EA/Enter BF3:

If you haven't noticed there are a few Battlefield 3 servers that have a huge user player count to them. These are apparently non sanctioned EA servers that are stat padding and are also getting user information without EA consent, at least that is what I gather from the official thread post in Battlelog forums.

Quote:
We are aware that a number of servers have appeared and are running game modes and player counts that have not currently been seen. Please try to remain on official servers.

Official servers run the following configuration

Max Players: 32
Map: Operation Metro
Mode: RUSH

Please avoid temptation and remain on these official servers while we work to have these servers dealt with.
Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned by EA.

EDIT: It appears that the server side information has been leaked and people are creating random servers and tweaking the settings to pad stats.

I liked the BFBC2 menus better as well, sucks having to wait till you can spawn to change your loadout ect.

Especially during the minute time span between rounds and being able to chat there as well.

Yeah not having the ability to do anything between matches really sucks. Also not accessing menus of any kind while dead is a little ridiculous. I dunno if I am in the majority here or not but I really am not a fan of a browser based game menu and having to minimize my game or break full screen any time I want to do something :/

Yeah not having the ability to do anything between matches really sucks. Also not accessing menus of any kind while dead is a little ridiculous. I dunno if I am in the majority here or not but I really am not a fan of a browser based game menu and having to minimize my game or break full screen any time I want to do something :/

Problem solved (sorta)!

I am a PC gamer, always will be. However. I canceled my pre-order on this one. The forum's are sad like. They claim they fixed all these problems were dealing with, but will not allow us to try this "beta" with them. This game is no where near the condition it needs to be.

If I buy it, I will not be playing on the PC. This webpage stuff is just plain retarded. Besides there is no user/admin config so having "dedicated" server's means nothing.

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

I like how this is only part 1. There are a ton more that needs to be tweaked :)

Back