• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya baby lets do it...Crysis 2 sucked, if BF3 sucks gaming is over for pcs.

Oh yea people will shoot that dog..lol.. BTW only noobs fire full auto...SF pop, pop headshot...pop pop headshot is the way to go.

Ya baby lets do it...Crysis 2 sucked, if BF3 sucks gaming is over for pcs

While I agree that Crysis 2 may not have been as good as we hoped but it certainly didn't suck. Compared to a lot of games out there it was actually a good title, plus it had a lot to live up to since the first was such an amazing game.

While I agree that Crysis 2 may not have been as good as we hoped but it certainly didn't suck. Compared to a lot of games out there it was actually a good title, plus it had a lot to live up to since the first was such an amazing game.

Isn't the multiplayer just as crappy as the original? (This is indisputable, it really is.) But it has a decent single player?

Sounds like a repeat to me.

Lets just say it did not live up to expectations and the hype.

Isn't the multiplayer just as crappy as the original? (This is indisputable, it really is.) But it has a decent single player?

Sounds like a repeat to me.

Yeah the multiplayer was fun at first but it soon became infested with hackers. I have not gone back yet, compared to the first the multiplayer is definitely more "focused".

As for the SP I thought it was good but it was wayy to short, I finished it in under 5hrs.

Last edited:
crysis 2 was fine, played well looked well but nothing epic. My last hope for this years game releases is bf3. Ill wait for a good preoreder deal and get my snipe on.

I'm new here, actually this is only my second post. I just spent the last 2 hours reading this entire thread. I am very happy to see such a nice group of dedicated gamers. I have to admit, I'm a console guy, but BF3 has got me doing my first PC build (which is why I'm here in the first place).

I am VERY excited for this game. I'm very tired of consoles getting rehashed crap. I have never experienced a game with 64 people (can't wait!). When you guys do decide to play, I'll play with ya. I'm very team oriented and don't mind sacrificing myself for the greater good.

Any of you game with a controller or are most of you die hard keyboard/mouse combo? I think the reason I mainly play console is because I never felt comfortable with the keyboard/mouse setup. I really dislike the PS3 controllers as well. As you've probably guessed I'm mainly an XBOX guy.

I'm really big into sound and home theater stuff. I have high end speakers and room shaking subs (literally). With that said, how does using a mic on the pc work (not a fan of headphones)?

I'm not going to write down all my PC parts that I'm getting because this isn't the thread, however, if anyone is curious just ask.

Anyway, glad I'm here, and I will be following this thread daily. :soda:

Welcome NiceguyEdy :) :welcome:

I hope you will enjoy PC gaming, IMO its quite a bit different than console gaming. When you custom build a PC, its not just some random PC, its YOUR PC. :)
64 people is quite something, but on some games (like battlefield 2 mods) you can get 128 players and thats mayhem haha.

Personally, I cant use a controller to save my life and I hate them.
Mouse +keyboard :rock:
Just make sure you get a good gaming mouse. The logitech MX518 is a tried and tested mouse , very comfortable and cheaper than other gaming mouses. A good mouse pad such as the razer goliathus is also recommended.

Its all about getting used to the mouse + keyboard, when I let my xbox friends use my PC, they could not control the mouse at 1800dpi , which i use for daily usage so I had to set it to 300dpi :rofl:

Good luck! And be sure to check out crysis 1, the famous PC game :)
Speaking of Crysis, there really should be a Crysis emote :(

Any of you game with a controller or are most of you die hard keyboard/mouse combo? I think the reason I mainly play console is because I never felt comfortable with the keyboard/mouse setup. I really dislike the PS3 controllers as well. As you've probably guessed I'm mainly an XBOX guy.

Give it 2-3 weeks before you fully adjust to kb/m, my friend hardly played any games on his pc because of controls. I gifted him tf2 and he was playing decent in 3wks.

But if you really like controllers lots of people do play fps on pc with controllers, and the ps3 controller works great with pc.

I'm really big into sound and home theater stuff. I have high end speakers and room shaking subs (literally). With that said, how does using a mic on the pc work (not a fan of headphones)?
Also if you want to take advantage of your HT setup pc is the way to so, nice high quality sound card and you are set.

:comp:

Welcome NiceguyEdy :) :welcome:

I hope you will enjoy PC gaming, IMO its quite a bit different than console gaming. When you custom build a PC, its not just some random PC, its YOUR PC. :)
64 people is quite something, but on some games (like battlefield 2 mods) you can get 128 players and thats mayhem haha.

Its all about getting used to the mouse + keyboard, when I let my xbox friends use my PC, they could not control the mouse at 1800dpi , which i use for daily usage so I had to set it to 300dpi :rofl:

I do plan to use a 360 controller when I play. It just feels more natural to me, I understand that I might be at a disadvantage when playing, but hopefully my tactics I've learned over the years will help.

Give it 2-3 weeks before you fully adjust to kb/m, my friend hardly played any games on his pc because of controls. I gifted him tf2 and he was playing decent in 3wks.

My setup isn't very traditional. I game in the same room that I have dedicated to my sound system. It's a very small room so I'm not at a desk. I do plan to one day have a setup with multiple monitors, then I will have a desk. :thup:

Also if you want to take advantage of your HT setup pc is the way to so, nice high quality sound card and you are set.

:comp:

As I am learning with my PC build, there are a ton of options to make this PC truly mine. Although, that has come back to bite me a couple times already. So far to complete my build, I'm missing an SSD and OS. I want to have a sound card before I assemble, but there is so much research to do before I feel settled on something.

It's actually kinda funny that I have all this money invested in sound and I use the on board sound of my Dell when listening to music. I should have upgraded my weakest link a long time ago. Live and learn. :cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas/gals (don't want to assume anything)! I'm happy that I found this forum so far. Might become one of my favorites.

I was thinking like you a couple years ago, wanting to use my xbox controller for everything. Soon you'll get used to the keyboard and mouse, actually you may be forced to use this as I doubt this game will support the xbox controller natively. The only way to use an xbox controller then would be to emulate the keyboard with a program like xpadder, but it sucks compared to any game that officially supports it.

I do plan to use a 360 controller when I play. It just feels more natural to me, I understand that I might be at a disadvantage when playing, but hopefully my tactics I've learned over the years will help.
These tactics of yours will be useless against PC gamers :) You are seriously going to feel the disadvantage of using that controler against someone like me :p in any FPS game. Your thumbs will be no where near fast enough against a well callibrated gaming mouse with dpi through the roof. I would seriosly suggest trying the keyboard and mouse, it will take some time to get used to but in the long run you will be a better player. A friend of mine just got his first gaming computer (my spare parts :))and had never used a key board or mouse, now he is getting better day after day and is now a challenge for me to kill sometimes.

Last edited:
Kb mouse user since DOOM baby, and the muscle memory is perfected, no controller guy will be happy against me one on one. I used to ranked top 100 in the world playing Quake II DM Railgun mod. (stats, not tourneys)..... Love to flick turn fire and kill.

Microsoft did an experiment a while back enabling PC and Xbox users to play the same game online together.
Guess how it turned out?

The project got canceled because the console users got absolutely torn to shreads by the Kb/mouse users.. :rofl:
EDIT : The link
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

I am not sure how true that is, it does sound something M$ would do. And even if its a lie the results would be the same if it was true lol.

While you will be alright using a controller for SP, MP on the other hand, no way dude.
Even if you are the best xbox player in the world, you will still get pwned by an average keyboard/mouse user.

You all may be right, but I can't bring myself to use a keyboard and mouse. I'll have to try the controller! If you all are correct, MAYBE I'll look into a keyboard and mouse. Besides, if I play with you guys, you can carry me, right? ;)

Back