• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They were when I was playing if you didn't have a a decent pilot on your side to fight them back. I used to fly the jets as well and rack up the kills with on infintry and vehicals. I couldn't imagine a B52 fully armed in BF2 that would be freaking insane.

The problem is lack of teamwork. but if your team is all medics and engies point farming, ya jets will ruin your day. but if every AA mount has someone IN it, its tough flying against even a so so pilot because you got so many missiles to dodge.

This might sound odd but i always thought it would be cool feature to have guns jam. It wouldn't happen often. Maybe the code could say every millionth shot or so have gun jam. You would be firing then hear "click" "click" which the soldier would bang the gun, **** the hammer and release the jam and continue on.

The problem is lack of teamwork. but if your team is all medics and engies point farming, ya jets will ruin your day. but if every AA mount has someone IN it, its tough flying against even a so so pilot because you got so many missiles to dodge.
people don't like playing sit-in-AA-wait-for-plane i would assume. i know it sounds boring as hell to me.

i hope there are some nice infantry only or jet-limited maps. i'm sure there will be.

This might sound odd but i always thought it would be cool feature to have guns jam. It wouldn't happen often. Maybe the code could say every millionth shot or so have gun jam. You would be firing then hear "click" "click" which the soldier would bang the gun, **** the hammer and release the jam and continue on.

Point of this?

Go play Americas Army.

people don't like playing sit-in-AA-wait-for-plane i would assume. i know it sounds boring as hell to me.

i hope there are some nice infantry only or jet-limited maps. i'm sure there will be.

what could be more boring then point farming, yet millions do that.

Ugh that interview was ridiculous. The question about "how do you make this stand out from other modern military shooters" was just insulting considering the Battlefield series has the best multi player, sales of MW be damned.

I mean come on, the franchise has a huge history, just because COD has a billion idiots that buy every iteration does not mean everything else is somehow worse or needs to do something new to be better.

A games interviewer should know the difference between sales numbers and a good game.

Ugh that interview was ridiculous. The question about "how do you make this stand out from other modern military shooters" was just insulting considering the Battlefield series has the best multi player, sales of MW be damned.

I mean come on, the franchise has a huge history, just because COD has a billion idiots that buy every iteration does not mean everything else is somehow worse or needs to do something new to be better.

A games interviewer should know the difference between sales numbers and a good game.

Exactly, video game news companies should really think through who they are actually sending to conduct these interviews. Like come on at least send someone who has actually played a BF game.

You could tell Patrick was asking himself "why the hell am I here?".

Fault Line full 12min game-play has been released.

The earthquake at the end...

497a6_ORIG-JIMP.jpg

Just watched the 12 min trailer.
Dude.................................................
That is what crysis 2 should have been....
Is it me or does BF3 look amazing and that they cant wrong with it unless they "optimize" it...
Even if the SP is the most stupidest SP in the world, I can simply imagine the beasty MP its gonna have.
And I bet this will start a new wave of FPSs that will follow BF3

Just watched the 12 min trailer.
Dude.................................................
That is what crysis 2 should have been....
Is it me or does BF3 look amazing and that they cant wrong with it unless they "optimize" it...
Even if the SP is the most stupidest SP in the world, I can simply imagine the beasty MP its gonna have.
And I bet this will start a new wave of FPSs that will follow BF3

I think they will deliver, everything in that clip was amazing. From the destruction in the building to the earthquake. I don't think I really need to mention the sound, which was imo hands down the best thing about the entire clip.

The sound was epic, so were the graphics and gameplay seemed good too.
The gameplay isnt revolutionary, but who cares.... they learnt they lesson from previous BFs and it seems like they are putting the best of every BF into this game.

Also, do i need to bother saying how AWESOME that jet footage looked?

Quoting this so it makes it to the new page. I don't even game any more and I want that. It looks epic.

I agree, I was kind of getting worn out on shooters in general but this game has definitely sparked my interest once again, so much so that I re-installed BF2.

I don't see how that could be good at all. Even more complaints about dying from 'RNG' which shouldn't happen during an FPS. It is like how they added crits to TF2.

I don't see how that could be good at all. Even more complaints about dying from 'RNG' which shouldn't happen during an FPS. It is like how they added crits to TF2.

I kind of like the idea of gun jams, I felt stalker implemented them perfectly. But that used a more advanced weapon condition system, so I can see your point.

I think it would be cool if militant guns would jam and be in poor condition since they usually are. But in SP only I can definitely see it being an issue in the multiplayer.

I think overheating machine guns is enough.

And I must admit that video made me poop a little in my pants...wow.

Back