• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I remember correctly you could choose servers that would reduce the game maps and wouldn't include the jets. Also there are maps that don't even have choppers or Jets in BF2. This is something I really enjoyed about BF2, somedays I like pushing up with an infantry unit and others like taking them out with my uber plane bombing runs, and sometimes I just liked stapping a some C4 to the front of a vehical and driving it into the enemy. BF2 had like a million little games all packed into one IMO. There was never a dull moment.

As for prone I have nothing against prone, some people like to sit where they are, and thats a good thing because you know I will be right back to kill that proning behind lol. Plus prone can be used to take cover from enemy vehicals and gunfire.
yes, prone and jets or not, i'm sure the game will be great fun. i'll may even fly some planes from time to time, just to be a hypocrite and all.

:) I went through phases with BF2 one month I would be into this and another I would be into that. I sure hope its freaking awesome because BF2 was one of the games that drew me back into PC gaming.

:) I went through phases with BF2 one month I would be into this and another I would be into that. I sure hope its freaking awesome because BF2 was one of the games that drew me back into PC gaming.

Agreed. There was only one other game where I would create a private server just to practice things (Team Fortress Classic - damn I loved that game!)

But I just remember creating servers to practice flying the choppers (doing barrel rolls under bridges, picking targets to blow up, etc) and practicing the planes as well.

I hope that leveling up is like BFBC2 or a bit faster. BF2 just took way too long, whereas CoD is way too fast. Just needs to have a happy medium, where you work towards something but you don't have to play 500rounds to get to level 26 from 25.

I remember the insane stunt videos that people created back in the day of people doing flips under bridges, people ejecting out of planes and then hopping back in and all sorts of crazy stuff. BF3 has got me so excited!!! I hope they capture the magic they created years ago with BF2. I think the leveling in BFbc2 was almost perfect but it could have been a lil longer, just a lil. I would also like to see more customization of weapons and gear (camo options, color options, patches, tags, achievements, etc etc etc) btw I love customization :p the more the marrier.

Is is Fall yet :(

thanks to this thread I just reinstalled BF2 and started playing it again after an almost 5 year sabatical. The game has changed a bit since June 2006 :) although the majority of the kills seem to be from grenade spamming.

i may install bf2 again also, my old rig, amd 4200+ 2.2ghz and a 1650le was just to slow to enjoy the game back in the day, lets see what 6 cores @ 3.9 and a oced 560 ti can do. I loved the planes, just loved them, great maps, wonderful for snipers.

Hey we should get a OCforums match going here, I bet we got ourselves a bunch of vets on these forums.

If anyone is still playing BC2 hit me up. I'm just getting started (level 11 I think) so I could use good people to play with. And some pointers.

New Interview

Person conducting the interview has no idea about what she is talking about though.

After playing some more BF2 on a non-infantry only map (kinda hard to find, sometimes) I've found that Jets are indeed quite annoying and I would be happy with just choppers as air vehicles. Everywhere I would go in any vehicle or chopper/etc a plane would easily pick me off, started getting pretty annoying. And it isn't as easy as just 'get in a plane and fight back' as I'm not great at piloting planes and if they are better than the other pilots on my team it won't make any difference. At least choppers you can (in BC2) dart and RPG out of the air.

I wonder (or maybe I just can't remember) will Commander mode be back? I always had fun running the sweeps/uav scans/artillery strikes. Looks like a lot of servers disallow an attacking commander as well now.

After playing some more BF2 on a non-infantry only map (kinda hard to find, sometimes) I've found that Jets are indeed quite annoying and I would be happy with just choppers as air vehicles.

I wonder (or maybe I just can't remember) will Commander mode be back? I always had fun running the sweeps/uav scans/artillery strikes. Looks like a lot of servers disallow an attacking commander as well now.

Jets are fine they just need to tweak them a little. Either make jets land to rearm or add more accurate counter measures to taking jets down. Either will help slow down their damage a bit.

Jets are fine they just need to tweak them a little. Either make jets land to rearm or add more accurate counter measures to taking jets down. Either will help slow down their damage a bit.

Ya better AA guns, so the infantry has to knock out the AA guns before jets go airborne.

BF2 used to have better AA but they eventually nerfed it, well actually I think they buffed it and then took it away later if I remember correctly. I like the idea of having to land to re-arm your plane that would make it less of a bombing spam.

BF2 used to have better AA but they eventually nerfed it, well actually I think they buffed it and then took it away later if I remember correctly. I like the idea of having to land to re-arm your plane that would make it less of a bombing spam.

Then let's have bombers with hundreds of bombs, b52s B2s B1's,.....fighters dont bomb much dude.

They were when I was playing if you didn't have a a decent pilot on your side to fight them back. I used to fly the jets as well and rack up the kills with on infintry and vehicals. I couldn't imagine a B52 fully armed in BF2 that would be freaking insane.

Back