• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
------Upcoming Patch Details--------
http://bf3blog.com/2012/01/upcoming-battlefield-3-patch-what-we-know/

There have been many bits of information surrounding the upcoming Battlefield 3 patch, and we’ve taken to task to compile all the expected fixes and tweaks that DICE has confirmed will make their way into the new patch, which should be released in early February. The list of confirmed additions:

Commo Rose 2.0: a complete overhaul of the “Q”-button communications interface, with new commands, voice overs, and more.
Weapon specific accessory tweaks: accessories such as silencers, foregrips etc. will now be tweaked on a per weapon basis and not globally. All accessories are expected to be tweaked in this patch. For more, see a full list of accessory tweaks.
A fix for MAV riding will be applied
Random “Bad Luck” deaths will be fixed across all platforms.
PlayStation 3 users will see a VOIP fix
Drivers will now get 50 points for “vehicle assist kills”. Pilot assist points will be increased as well.
Sniper rifles will get increased accuracy after aiming-down with Red Dot or Holo sights.

And a few unconfirmed patch notes, but issues/features that DICE are looking into:

The USAS-12 with Frag rounds will be balanced (unconfirmed: DICE has said they are looking into it).
The resupply speed on the M320 grenade launcher might get increased, according to DICE.
Horn sounds will be added to Humvees and other transport vehicles.
Fall damage is being looked into as well.

this sucks, i just found a sweet spot on oman to snipe from :(

We warn/kick/ban people from MAV riding to areas that are not accessible by normal means. More servers are doing this.

Yeah.. I mean don't get me wrong, if it works I can see why people would! But its just not 'normal' so if they repair it in the next patch that's great!

I play recon a lot. I love recon. Having said that; I have never found the allure of getting up on "unreachable" spots. In fact; I make it a point to hunt those people down.... If I'm on Tehran Highway; I'll hang back at the US/RU Deployments and watch the overpasses for the first few minutes of a battle.. Easy kills since these guys seem to think that standing up there makes them invisible or something so they just stand still waiting to get headshot.

The other maps with tall buildings and such are the same; just hang back for a few minutes, let the noobs get up on their perches and then pick them off from a distance... And if that fails; I've gotten quite good at raining 90mm shells from long distances too. :D

I play recon a lot. I love recon. Having said that; I have never found the allure of getting up on "unreachable" spots. In fact; I make it a point to hunt those people down.... If I'm on Tehran Highway; I'll hang back at the US/RU Deployments and watch the overpasses for the first few minutes of a battle.. Easy kills since these guys seem to think that standing up there makes them invisible or something so they just stand still waiting to get headshot.

The other maps with tall buildings and such are the same; just hang back for a few minutes, let the noobs get up on their perches and then pick them off from a distance... And if that fails; I've gotten quite good at raining 90mm shells from long distances too. :D

I let them get up there. Then I kill them all via counter-sniping with ACOG rifles. Never see me coming.

Thats a good question considering that accuracy is determined by the user essentially. I can see a minimize barrel travel up something but.....:shrug:

Squad recoil. WHatever makes my M60/249 shoot in a closer grouping in full auto. :D

Squad recoil. WHatever makes my M60/249 shoot in a closer grouping in full auto. :D

Dude; have you ever fired either one of those? I had the pleasure of manning an M60 for a while during my army years and I can tell you that even when mounted on rather sturdy support you can't get tight groupings while on full auto. And forget about having any kind of accuracy if your firing that thing standing up; you may be able to get the first three rounds near where you want them, but after that it's all up above the target. :D

Dude; have you ever fired either one of those? I had the pleasure of manning an M60 for a while during my army years and I can tell you that even when mounted on rather sturdy support you can't get tight groupings while on full auto. And forget about having any kind of accuracy if your firing that thing standing up; you may be able to get the first three rounds near where you want them, but after that it's all up above the target. :D

In the real world 80% of people would be too busy urinating their pants and hugging their legs in a corner instead of running around with their rifles to shoot others in a deathmatch. But yeah I understand what you mean :D

THe 249 isn't that bad if its anything like our C9 (canadian version)... But yeah the M60 is definitely a massive peice of gear.

Capture.PNG

I am trying to run a console command on start up and cannot find the directory file. here is a pic of my bf3 file open.

To apply any console command automatically at startup, create a new text file and rename it to User.cfg. Edit the file using Windows Notepad or Wordpad, entering each command on a separate line. Save this file and place it in your main \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ directory.(I have already created the file but cant find the directory to place it in.)

This is the link where I got the info from. Im making an attempt at locking max fps upon startup and not have to type the command prompt every time. Using the jump to option go to advanced tweaking.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/battlefield-3-tweak-guide

To apply any console command automatically at startup, create a new text file and rename it to User.cfg. Edit the file using Windows Notepad or Wordpad, entering each command on a separate line. Save this file and place it in your main \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\ directory.(I have already created the file but cant find the directory to place it in.)

This is the link where I got the info from. Im making an attempt at locking max fps upon startup and not have to type the command prompt every time. Using the jump to option go to advanced tweaking.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/battlefield-3-tweak-guide

A much easier way to do that is to just dl bf3settings by realmware (I think that's the riright name of the program, but its definitely made by realmware) you can change all the normal settings and even more, its a must have.

Back