• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet, great advice guys!! I played half a round, and racked up over 2000 points within about 250 tickets left on my team. I noticed I got most points when I was getting the flag, but then defending it when people came in the flag's range. Throw around some ammo, and made some points :D

:beer:

My overall SPM is 276, but I have about 40hrs as recon, where not too much happened. I do cap a lot and supply meds.

Things that really get to me;

- If I accidentally press the console button trying to select my primary weapon (usually happens when its a matter of split second reaction
- When I hold shift to run, switch to another weapon (claymore or C4), use it, then try to run away but then realize that I'm not running anymore because holing the shift button the entire time doesn't work
- WORST ONE: When I am in a firefight, trying to get some cover, and a stupid tiny rock is blocking me from moving to cover, I either have to jump or walk around it, which means I am going to die over a stupid little rock/obstacle. :bang head

my SPM is 231 with engi and assault, i do try and drop alot of ammo/meds, I am just not good at m/k yet.... and i was having issues with finding decent servers for a long time...

I love the idiots on metro that call hacks because you get all headshots, how else are you sposed to kill someone with a sniper rifle on normal mode?

Its not a matter of how else are you supposed to kill someone, its the all headshots that is the problem with campi....err snipers. Sure you aim there, but that doesnt mean you hit it......every time......while Im running from 200m. :p

Last edited:
Ya cuz no one camps that isn't playing recon haha good one. I'd much rather be killed by a cam.... err sniper than a spamming spray and pray cam... errrr support player anyday.

I got my first 1Km+ kill today... Got me two in fact. 1279m and 1290m.
Wake Island. From the carrier to capture point B. :D

1290.jpg

Last edited:
Was just looking at your leaderboard 1290.07m score, and went to check out the leaderboard. I found this thing called "skill"... Its a rating that doesn't seem to match with anything else in the numbers.

Its funny, because I suck at everything else, but this I am pretty much in the middle? Doesn't add up :eh?:

skill.jpg
[/IMG]

Skill changes based on people you play against. It's not worth paying attention to because it will be a new number every day.

Well thanks to some prodding from Sebas I downloaded and installed BF3 on computer. I had been playing on xbox... All I can say is WOW! so much better. even with an SLI setup of gts 250 it looks better than xbox. I threw a GTX 580 off the bench and now running on everything on ultra and getting 40 FPS min! I have never seen detail like this before :drool:

So far so good! although it does take some time and getting used to having to look for servers.

Well thanks to some prodding from Sebas I downloaded and installed BF3 on computer. I had been playing on xbox... All I can say is WOW! so much better. even with an SLI setup of gts 250 it looks better than xbox. I threw a GTX 580 off the bench and now running on everything on ultra and getting 40 FPS min! I have never seen detail like this before :drool:

So far so good! although it does take some time and getting used to having to look for servers.

Heh... I wish I could do maxed out settings. :D

As for servers; these two are owned/operated by Devil_Dog if I'm not mistaken.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...7ce-84b2-74d53b251578/CgC-Beer-Bullets-NY-NJ/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...442b-8fb9-02d9186ef056/CgC-New-York-New-York/

I often play on them; when they are populated.... Other than that; I just set my filters on the Server Browser and do Quick Match most of the time... That is unless someone on my friends list invites me to a game. :D

Ug this game is so boring i can't even stand it anymore. I found myself combing the internet looking for a new game already. So disappointing. I go to the BF blog to see what DICE is spending on their time on only to read someone won a video contest, are you kidding me! Now i know why people hack, to get a last thrill out of the game.

Ug this game is so boring i can't even stand it anymore. I found myself combing the internet looking for a new game already. So disappointing. I go to the BF blog to see what DICE is spending on their time on only to read someone won a video contest, are you kidding me! Now i know why people hack, to get a last thrill out of the game.

/shrug I have about 70 hours played and I'm still having fun. I always try to get at least $2/hr of game time, and right now I am sitting at about $0.50/hr and it will keep getting better. I don't play the game for hours upon hours on end, I'm not sure what all you try to do or even what your profile name is (as it isn't in the platoon list that I created), but maybe you just need a break from the game. go play some skyrim, SR3, terrarria, or something else that is different from BF.

I haven't been playing as much. Usually when I do, it's with a tight group of 4-8 people playing for the wins. Lately, hopping on my clan's TS has been annoyingly because everytime you kill someone....they shout over where you're at, where you're going (thanks to killcam.) I personally don't rat out clanmates. I am also getting progressively worse as I am not playing as much. :-/

Back